We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Private driver

Which Pattaya hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
perth
reviews: 9
Private driver

Hi

Can anyone recommend a private driver or is there a list of private driver on this forum I could use to book.

In the Bali forum, it has a list of recommended private driver so I was wondering if there is any here. I could find it.

Thanks

Pawtucket, RI
1. Re: Private driver

Depends on what you need the transportation for. Just getting around the city area see the FAQ's on the side. Baht buses is the most often used transportation. Besides the cheap set routes they will divert here and there for a higher rate. Travel agencies can provide tours to many things. Select tour one day and you are picked up at your hotel the next morning. When over brought back. Travel agencies also provide some transportation.

If you need a driver at your beck and call 24 hours a day is something else. Sometimes your hotel can help you with dedicated transportation. Most baht bus rides 10 - 20 baht. Motor scooter taxis available too.

If you are using a smart phone switch to a real computer. Not every option shows up on phones.

perth
2. Re: Private driver

Hi

I just want to book a private driver from Laemchang port to Pattaya to do shop shopping each day.

Approximately cost?

Pawtucket, RI
3. Re: Private driver

Laem Chabang. Once you get to the main street a baht bus or other private transportation is cheap. (Maybe 20-40 baht or under $2.) But just getting from your ship to the front gate could cost more than a bus to Bangkok.

I think this company is a little overkill.

orientalescape.com/thailand/…bangkok.html

Another option.

http://www.pttaxiservice.com/

If you overnight in Pattaya you can ask your hotel to arrange transportation. Getting out of the port is the biggest problem. Pattaya City no problem. In 14 years I have never been in that port area. I have been on buses and other transportation going by the main gate but never been inside. Some Thais figure that people arriving on a ship are rich. Some of the prices you get reflect that.

(A 2 hour bus ride from Pattaya to Bangkok is 124 baht. (This is around $4.00.) Pattaya is about 10 minutes away.

Forum search.

tripadvisor.in/ShowTopic-g293919-i9439-k1642…

Hope someone else can be more helpful. Perhaps your ship can arrange something.

Good luck.

perth
4. Re: Private driver

How does one get out of the "gate", can we walk out from the dock to Main Street? How far?

I have look into both the recommended above. Will they come into the get to pick us up if we book?

Cheers

perth
5. Re: Private driver

I have been quoted 600 baht each way (Laemchang to Pattaya and back) is this reasonable? Should I chance it and get a bus once I get out onto the street assuming we can walk out.

Pattaya, Thailand
6. Re: Private driver

Hi cutie_apple,

I use a driver named Sam (older thai gentleman and speaks good English).

He picks you up at your place and take you to anywhere within Pattaya and then you call him to take you back to your place for 400baht...really reasonable taxi service. I use him all the time for grocery shopping.

Really stress-free transportation.

His number is 0907396899

7. Re: Private driver

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, today