We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

never do water sports nearby walking street in pattaya

Which Pattaya hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New Delhi, India
never do water sports nearby walking street in pattaya

Hi Everybody....!

Just visited Pattaya with friends.....everything was good except WATER SPORTS........on beach road near walking street never take JET SKIE or any other water sports......the WATER SPORTS on beach road run by mafia ppls......1st they insist u to take JET SKIE at a very cheap rates @ 200 THB for half n hour & they also insist you to drive yourself.....while finishing the ride they blackmail you that you hit JET SKIE they shown you scraches n shown u broken beading which u have not done.......n they ask you for big money they start from 1,50,000.00 THB. Police will not do anything, They all are involved in this racket. They call there local ppls & they all harrashed you & even hit you.

Everyday there are 4.....5 cases of JET SKIE..........they make big money out of this.

So its my advice NEVER TAKE WATER SPORTS IN PATTAYA otherwise you will be in big trouble.

18 replies to this topic
London, United...
reviews: 84
1. Re: never do water sports nearby walking street in pattaya

Thats why there is an FAQ - FAQ - Jet Ski Rentals on the right warning people about this.

Shame you didn't join TA or at least find the warning before your holiday.

Edited: 12:18 pm, November 30, 2013
Surrey
Destination Expert
for El Gouna
reviews: 51
2. Re: never do water sports nearby walking street in pattaya

We just returned and saw many people caught out by this. Shame it is still happening as it ruins people's holiday and gives bad reputation for Pattaya.

Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 148
3. Re: never do water sports nearby walking street in pattaya

Quite embarrassing for this country really. If you talk about "saving face", this crap certainly does nothing for Thailand's image. Maybe one day the authorities will do something about it. Until then just spend your Baht at honest businesses and let these guys rot in their own sleazy dishonesty.

jersey
reviews: 19
4. Re: never do water sports nearby walking street in pattaya

Yep, this is a very much well known scam i'm afraid. Like above have said, it's sad it still goes on. Why not complain to the TAT about this, or write to the King of Thailand. Those swines need to be stamped out for good.

However, the best bit of advice i can give is to research Thailand properly, and not rent things out unless you know what's at stake. Pattaya isn't like regular Thailand, and you need to be extra careful as there is a lot of Mafia there.

Regards.

Edited: 7:12 am, December 01, 2013
Bangkok, Thailand
reviews: 76
5. Re: never do water sports nearby walking street in pattaya

The whole of Pattaya is run by the mafia and in collusion with the authorities. Shame.

newcastle upon tyne
reviews: 99
6. Re: never do water sports nearby walking street in pattaya

You really didn't know about this ? you obviously didn't bother doing a single bit of research about Pattaya before going.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Bangkok
reviews: 25
7. Re: never do water sports nearby walking street in pattaya

I wont even step into the water there let alone hire a jet ski.

Pattaya, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Pattaya, Ho Chi Minh City
reviews: 51
8. Re: never do water sports nearby walking street in pattaya

Don't ride them unless you have the bollox to stick up for yourself.

Pattaya is no different than anywhere else in thailand. (mafia??? LOL)

London
Destination Expert
for Thailand
reviews: 121
9. Re: never do water sports nearby walking street in pattaya

Sadly there is no will on the part of certain people in positions of power to stamp this crime out as they are all making some nice money out of it.

As has been stated a simple bit or research would have prevented any of those scammed from being scammed and if everyone stopped using these jet skis they would eventualy dissapear into oblivion.

I also agree with Mmonkie I would not set foot in the polluted waters of pattaya.

Pattaya, Thailand
10. Re: never do water sports nearby walking street in pattaya

The travel agents and online booking engines should make potential passengers aware of these scams at point of origin,prior to booking!

Reply to: never do water sports nearby walking street in pattaya
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted