We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How long to walk from Walking Street to Soi 7 ?

Which Pattaya hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Glasgow, United...
reviews: 140
How long to walk from Walking Street to Soi 7 ?

Anyone know how long it takes an average person to walk from Walking Street to Soi 7.

Would you do that walk at night say 1am? Or is there a better way? Motorbike taxi etc?

15 replies to this topic
stockport
1. Re: How long to walk from Walking Street to Soi 7 ?

i would say 20 mins, you can get a motorbike taxi for about 50 baht, or just jump on a baht bus for 10 baht

Pattaya
reviews: 29
2. Re: How long to walk from Walking Street to Soi 7 ?

About 15 minutes I would say, but a bahtbus will cost you 10 baht and save you about 10-12 minutes :)

Leeds, United...
reviews: 31
3. Re: How long to walk from Walking Street to Soi 7 ?

I would say 15 minutes and it is an interesting walk. At 1am still Baht buses running along Beach rd and along second rd. Perfectly safe to walk at this hour lots of bars open, people about

Edited: 5:02 pm, July 11, 2013
Bellaria-Igea...
reviews: 150
4. Re: How long to walk from Walking Street to Soi 7 ?

20 minutes and 100% safe. At 1 AM the streets are still full of people over there.

Pawtucket, RI
5. Re: How long to walk from Walking Street to Soi 7 ?

At 1 a.m. in the morning I would not be walking along Beach Road - water side! Pattaya Sai Song and parts of Beach Road land side probably okay. Tipsy or drunk as a skunk avoid any roving bands of ladyboys prowling around. Ladyboys are often involved with rolling tourists one way or another.

Baht buses run all night long. To get to Soi 7 by baht bus catch the baht bus on Sai Song. Sai Song is one way in the right direction. Ring bell and get off at Soi 7. Have 10 baht coins so you can give the coin to the driver and walk away.

Lots of old posts on how to use baht buses and more help in the FAQ's on the side.

Pawtucket, RI
6. Re: How long to walk from Walking Street to Soi 7 ?

Reading Pattaya People is always interesting. Better safe than sorry!

Copy and paste link.

http://www.pattayapeople.com/default1.asp?Folder=2089&action=search&searchString=ladyboy+arrested

Edited: 9:35 pm, July 11, 2013
7. Re: How long to walk from Walking Street to Soi 7 ?

Around 20min

Las Vegas, Nevada
reviews: 7
8. Re: How long to walk from Walking Street to Soi 7 ?

It's about a 25 to 30 minute walk. Relatively safe to walk on Beach Road at that time, but it is still uncomfortably warm and humid. I would rather take a motorbike taxi for 50 baht and get there in about 5 minutes.

Pawtucket, RI
9. Re: How long to walk from Walking Street to Soi 7 ?

"Relatively safe to walk on Beach Road at that time, but it is still uncomfortably warm and humid. I would rather take a motorbike taxi for 50 baht and get there in about 5 minutes."

Walking up to Sai Song you can still get a baht bus even at 1 a.m. for 10 baht. Going to Soi 7 late at night I prefer Sai Song.

Late at night there is no good reason for being on the waterside of Beach Road and even some of the darker remote areas where some lowlifes congregate. I would never recommend that drunks walk down Beach Road LATE at night. But I have only been around Pattaya for over 14 years now. Maybe I am just too cautious!

pattayapeople.com/Crime-News/Mystery-of-Fren…

pattayapeople.com/Crime-News/Police-Crime-Cr…

pattayapeople.com/Crime-News/Group-of-Touris…

I find looking over some of the police stories interesting and informative. (Even amusing sometimes when reading some of the articles involving ladyboys and tourists.

www.pattayapeople.com/Crime-News?page=1

England
reviews: 20
10. Re: How long to walk from Walking Street to Soi 7 ?

Depend on how fast you can walk I'm 6' 5" so cover the distance quicker that most but there are plenty of bars, restaurants, shops and stalls along the route to hold up up. I agree with Infidelai about the waterside of the beach road at night although it seem to be worse from the bottom of Pattaya Cental road going north as there is not much on the other side of the road, I've been going to Pattaya for over 20 years married a local girl now travel with the family but you can never be to cautious we walk from the Dusit Hotel to Gullivers restaurant but never on the waterside even for such a short walk

Reply to: How long to walk from Walking Street to Soi 7 ?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted