We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pool renovation Dusit Thani?

Which Pattaya hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Peterborough...
reviews: 37
Pool renovation Dusit Thani?

Well just over a week now until we arrive at the Dusit. Very excited, can't wait to get back! We did have a notification from our travel agent that one of the swimming pools would be out of action for renovation work. Does anyone know if this work has started and if so how disruptive is the work?

Thanks for any information.

5 replies to this topic
Peterborough...
1. Re: Pool renovation Dusit Thani?

Ok for anyone who is interested the pool renovation started on 6th July. The pool looks like it could be out of action for a few weeks. The drilling is loud as they are taking all the tiles off. We were glad we hadn't paid extra for a sea view room because all you see is a building site! We had a lovely garden view which was nice and quiet (except for inconsiderate people shouting from one end of the corridor to the other at 6 in the morning, what's wrong with people! ) It started to get busy near the end of the holiday and space around the only pool was getting a bit tight so crowding may be a problem soon.

Newcastle upon tyne
2. Re: Pool renovation Dusit Thani?

Thank you for the update. We are going in mid August in a Sea View Room and are getting a bit concerned. Is the noise every day and for how long does it last each day. Thanks.

Peterborough...
3. Re: Pool renovation Dusit Thani?

The renovation started on the 6th July. The jack hammers start approximately 10 o'clock and went on all day. They were using them to remove the tiles lining the pool. We left on the 12th and they had nearly finished the tile removal. I can't say if it will be as noisy when this stage is finished. The hotel had put a letter in the room to explain what was going on but it didn't mention a finish date. We had a sea facing room last year and we would have been very miffed if we had paid for one this year. The other pool is lovely but if the hotel gets busier as it was a couple of days before we left I can see sunbed hogging may become a problem. If there is anything else you want to ask I will try to help.

chesterfield
reviews: 29
4. Re: Pool renovation Dusit Thani?

I'm not sure if this is any help but a review by Peter B written on the 22nd July said the pool would be out of action for a month to 6 weeks. At the bottom of the review is a function where you can ask him a question. Or you could email to neoh_boon, Resident Manager (he is the gentleman who responds to reviews on the Dusit Thani Pattaya). His email address is neoh.boon@dusit.com

Wirral U.K.
reviews: 26
5. Re: Pool renovation Dusit Thani?

These renovations are an ongoing problem at the Dusit in the quiet season.

We used to go in September and there was always something going on.

If I were to guess that pool will be closed for some time.

Loved the Chaba pool intersting to see how the renovation ends up looking.

Dusit is a great hotel with great staff but its age means it does need a lot of updating.

Reply to: Pool renovation Dusit Thani?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted