We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

pattaya at night

Which Pattaya hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
reviews: 13
pattaya at night

From those who are regular visitors, is it all as sleazy everywhere as it looks on youtube???

We would like to meet our friends from brisbane in pattaya. We all like to go out at night, drink and like any music venue, but not sure we would want everynight in red light type area, as we are two couples. Anyone out there give us some info???

Surrey
Destination Expert
for El Gouna
reviews: 50
11. Re: pattaya at night

Hi Elstnico

We are also looking for a nice hotel in Pattaya having just come back from Hua Hin we have decided to try Pattaya as family friends have said how nice it is. After hours of looking we have decided on the Marriott hotel as my parents say it is in lovely grounds with a great swimming pool and within walking distance of the bars and just across the road from the beach. We stayed at the Centara in Hua Hin and were very dissapointed so hopefully the Marriott will be better.

Lisa

Washington DC...
12. Re: pattaya at night

The only street I'd suggest to stay away from if you want to avoid that is Soi 6.

Pawtucket, RI
13. Re: pattaya at night

Lisa-m

"After hours of looking we have decided on the Marriott hotel as my parents say it is in lovely grounds with a great swimming pool and within walking distance of the bars and just across the road from the beach."

Marriott is in a good location. Huge mall next door. Easy walk to nightlife, restaurants, street vendors, etc. Don't expect to swim at the beach, most Europeans avoid going in the water there. But okay for walking, jogging, shopping, restaurants and sun bathing. Hundreds of beach chairs for rent on Pattaya Beach.

While in Pattaya check out some other hotels for next visit. There are many hotels along Sai Song and Beach Road. Also check out the Pattaya Centara and Dusit Hotels too during your visit.

Read about how to use baht buses in Pattaya. Check out some of the maps that show up in older posts.

Good luck.

newcastle upon tyne
reviews: 99
14. Re: pattaya at night

I think you'll have a problem trying to avoid the Russians in Pattaya. The whole place is overrun with them :), but I don't think they're as bad as most people make them out to be most of the time.

Shanghai
reviews: 115
15. Re: pattaya at night

Try the Holiday Inn - it's well run with a very mixed clientel - it's where I always stay!

Merseyside, United...
reviews: 31
16. Re: pattaya at night

The Dusit Thani would maybe suit you, its got the best position in the whole Pattaya area, hugh gardens and two great pools and its one of the only hotels in town that can honestly says its really on the sea all the other are across the very busy beach road.

The Marriot is a nice hotel but the ground are very small as is the swimming pool in the afternoon the sun is blocked off, they also have an open plan reception area without any door to the main entrance or the pool area which means it gets very hot also the room are situated along openwalk ways so again its very hot. We stayed they quite a few years ago and found it very noisy at night due to the indergriund carpark and the traffic on Pattaya second road but that depends on which of the blocks your room is in however we did like the rooms perhaps we are just prejudiced against this hote as they kept asking my Thai wife to show her ID card before they'd allow her into the hotel at night you can understand this on the first few nights but not 14 days later and more especially when she was quite visible pregnant at the time.

Pattaya, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Pattaya, Ho Chi Minh City
reviews: 51
17. Re: pattaya at night

Soi6 is quite ok as well. Some great locals down that Soi - Queen Vic, Lord Nelson ect. Also Aquanauts Scuba.

Sure there are working ladies and ladyboys plying their trade, but not like you have to go inside their establishment or even bother with them. After a while they are just part of the Soi for better or worse.

18. Re: pattaya at night

Hi we can't see past Dusit Thani this is the best by far hotel in Pattaya we are also booked in for 3weeks in October and have been going to Pattaya for the last 6 years. You have to remember it is a third world country . And yes there is bar girls if you are a couple they do not bother you at all . They will chat and be friendly but that's it. The Thai people are very smiley and nice and most of them do not earn much money but they always are willing to help others. I love the hustle and bustle of Pattaya it has everything . To sum it up luxury , culture , sleaze if that's your thing. Lots of lovely places to visit . Floating Market, Big Budda , Non Nooch tropical gardens is fantastic we have been here a few times well worth a visit.

Go to Pattaya it's cheap to eat out lots of local eating places, we only eat Thai food when we go to Pattaya its amazing. We love Pattaya it's well worth a visit the Thai culture is great . Can't wait till October to get back again , also we have met lots of lovely friends that we meet up with every year. Have a great holiday in Pattaya. The weather is fab as well.

maesteg
reviews: 33
19. Re: pattaya at night

hi pattaya at night a great bar to go is vics bar on the beach front lovely cool breeze from the sea and lovely ladies to talk and have a drink loads of couples there nice music not load thumping like other bars the owner kwan maks everybody welcome and treats everyone the same if you are there for the 1st or like myself many many times .lovely comfy chairs she has 2 bars on beachroad 1 at the bottom of soi 6 and the other on bottom of soi 4 witch is the one i go try and you will enjoy a relaxing and fun evening

maesteg
reviews: 33
20. Re: pattaya at night

go to the sabia inn soi2 small hotel spottless great staff ou can hear a pin drop in any room you stay in great rates and at 5oclock every day the put on free tea coffee cakes and bisciuts

Get answers to your questions about Pattaya