We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Information on Hilton Hotel and surrounding areas

Which Pattaya hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London
Information on Hilton Hotel and surrounding areas

Hello,

I would like to know if anyone has had any experience of the Hilton Hotel, Pattaya and its surrounding area.

I have read alot of posts on this forum regarding beach road and its area's at night. I am wondering if this particular area is a no go.

Any information would be appriciated.

Thank you

Pawtucket, RI
11. Re: Information on Hilton Hotel and surrounding areas

"I am very much looking forward to visiting Pattaya and experiencing Songkran..."

Just so you fully understand that you do not "observe" this holiday you are (pun intended) immersed in it! YOU will get wet! Doesn't matter if you have a $1000 camera hanging from your neck or carrying an expensive MacBook Pro - you will get soaked! Even with experience and lots of zigging and zagging I can avoid maybe 80% of the water ambushes. And while I am congratulating myself for my great accomplishment a bathtub amount of water will pour on me from a room 2 stories up!

Keep your wallet wrapped in plastic. Keep cell phones and small cameras protected with plastic and wear clothing that you can wash easy. Even women's purses make good water containers when you least expect it or want it! Laundry service in Pattaya is cheap anyway so make the most of it before you move on to other cities where it is not so cheap!

You have been warned!

Have fun!

Essex
reviews: 99
12. Re: Information on Hilton Hotel and surrounding areas

We have been to Thailand many times, and have stayed in Pattaya a few times. Beach road is busy most times of the day, and like other posters have said, the pavements leave a lot to be desired. If you are sensible, then you will have a great time. Most problems from our perspective are caused by too much alcohol. We are a couple in our 50s and are often in bars with friends until well after midnight. We don't drink to excess, and tend to get a Songthew back to the hotel, and have never experienced any problems (touch wood). We don't drink on Beach road preferring Second Road and Soi Boukouw. Take sensible precautions just as you would in London, and you will have a great time.

Sheffield, United...
reviews: 33
13. Re: Information on Hilton Hotel and surrounding areas

we just got back from pattaya and we love it, we been 5 times and have never had any problems, i have never felt unsafe but there again i do keep my wits about me, just as i do anywhere. The traffic is pretty bad on beach road and you have to be careful crossing the road. The hilton hotel is in a great location and there is lots to see and do. At night time beach road is crowded we love to walk down on the way to where ever we are going. I hope you enjoy as much as we do, lots of people have opinions on pattaya, mostly people who have never been! but the sights and smells of pattaya soon draw you in, have fun.

14. Re: Information on Hilton Hotel and surrounding areas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, March 21, 2014