We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pattaya with child?

Which Pattaya hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Colchester, United...
reviews: 10
Pattaya with child?

Hi , my father in law has booked and paid for my partner and our 2 children age 5,and 8 (both boys) to go to Pattaya (Marriot spa hotel) in june 2013. I have done some research and there seems to be a lot to do there by day and the kids and us will love what pattaya has to offer . I am and just a bit worried about the nightlife we are not prudes but will avoid the busy areas. i am just wondering if there are any bars that are away from the main area that have family entertainment ( suitable for children).

Thanks .

Khon Kaen, Thailand
reviews: 273
1. Re: Pattaya with child?

The main night-life is at WalkingStreet and at Soi 6, 7 and 8 (off beach road). I would not go there with kids.

I do not have kids but i would say the Naklua area is more family oriented.

Chang Noi

Pawtucket, RI
2. Re: Pattaya with child?

Even if you were to walk by bars you won't see anything worse than being on a beach back home. No one is going to force you or your kids into a bar. Some beer bars (open sided bars) may have tourists with their kids with them. You pick and choose what you think is appropriate.

The Marriott is in a good location for kids. The first thing the kids will notice is the big red "crashed" airplane sticking out of the mall. Most kids will like the Ripley's exhibit. Royal Garden Mall is attached to the Marriott. You will find food courts in that mall, McDonalds, ice cream shops, pizza places and other things of interest.

http://www.ripleysthailand.com/index.php

Beach Road is one way south and Sai Song goes in the other direction. When you want to only pay 10 baht for baht bus rides avoid any PARKED baht buses outside the mall hotel. They figure you are rich and can pay more for the ride. Wave a MOVING baht bus over and just get in. Use the search choice above for how to use baht buses.

thaiwaysmagazine.com/pattaya_map/pattaya_map…

Have fun.

Pattaya, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Pattaya, Ho Chi Minh City
reviews: 51
3. Re: Pattaya with child?

bars with family entertainment? Dunno of anything like that apart from bars with live music playing. I'm sure children will be rather bored with smth like that. Besides should be out of any bar by law after 9pm.

Nightlife - well apart from seeing people drinking in bars - really not much for the children to see.

Limerick, Ireland
reviews: 1
4. Re: Pattaya with child?

suffolkgirl83,

I havent been to pattaya in 2 years, but this this is something that I am also interested in as I now have an 18month old (hence not getting to Thailand for the last 2 summers!!!) and would love to go back with him one day soon!

From what I remeber there aren't any child friendly bars per say (as in there won't be kis entertainments as you might find say in Spain) but these are a few bars that, in my opinion, I think would be suitable for kids, sorry I cant remember the exact names of all of them!

Gullivers / Henry J Bean (I think is the name, its in the hotel right next to Gullivers bar) . There is an Irish bar in a complex on 2nd road that has an nice atmosphere and lastly the Pattaya beer garden would be nice if you went early evening.

Hope this helps!

Mads

Munich, Germany
reviews: 12
5. Re: Pattaya with child?

Hope this trip report helps more:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293919-i9439-k212…

Merseyside, United...
reviews: 31
6. Re: Pattaya with child?

We’ve been visiting Pattaya with children for many years, they are now boy 12 and girl 5 we’ve always found plenty to occupy they both day and night but its helps that my wife is Thai and her family live on the Pattaya outskirts.

The Marriot has a nice pool, albeit a little on the small side where they can spend a few hours each day, we stayed there many years ago and if I recall they have a number of tour agents desks in the reception area were you can book your days out. I should warn you that the reception area used to be open-plan and gets very hot also the walkways to the rooms are also open and kids tend to get grumpy when they are hot. The hotel isn’t in the main nightlife area although the soi’s either side should be treated with some caution at night as most have a number of girly bars, the Royal Garden Plaza is linked to the hotel if you want do some shopping but its better to head for Central Festival further up the beach road one of the largest shopping complexes in Asia, multi screen cinema and bowling alley on the top floor and full of restaurants.

Pattaya doesn’t really have anything like the Spanish family bars but many restaurants have shows Ruan Thai (classical Thai dancing) or Mr 99 (very good group). Gulliver’s and Henry.J. Bean are two different establishments, I think Beans has had a name change its part of the Amari hotel setup, Gulliver’s is next door and is more of a sport bar with large TV’s shown live sports but it at the other end of the beach road from the Marriot. The best idea is to have a walk around in the day and if you like the look of something see what’s going on in the evening.

7. Re: Pattaya with child?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, October 02, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Pattaya