We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

transportation options Don Muang to Pattaya

Which Pattaya hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
los angeles
reviews: 37
transportation options Don Muang to Pattaya

Thanks to this forum, I just found out that our Air Asia flight from Rangon to BKK in January will land instead at Don Muang. What are our options to get to Pattaya? Are there any recommendations for good taxi/driver companies departing out of Don Muang, or should we take the 554 bus back to BKK?

Bangkok, Thailand
1. Re: transportation options Don Muang to Pattaya

1. Take the airport shuttle bus to Morchit BTS station, and ride the BTS to Ekkamai, which is next to Ekkamai bus station. Buses run every 30 minutes or so to Pattaya.

2. Take the airport shuttle bus to Morchit BTS, then a taxi to Morchit Mai bus station. Buses run about every hour to Pattaya.

3. orientalescape.com/thailand/…bangkok.html

4. Haggle with a taxi over a fare to Pattaya.

Note that the BTS has no space for baggage.

los angeles
2. Re: transportation options Don Muang to Pattaya

Thank you bbtony.

Good to know about the luggage restrictions on BTS. I'll check out Oriental escape. Any other driver recommendations?

Betty

Maleny, Australia
reviews: 72
3. Re: transportation options Don Muang to Pattaya

I recently got a quote from B T Taxis for the trip from Don Muang to Pattaya, it is 1200 Baht. Same price as Mr T Taxis.

There were a few posts recently about Mr T Taxi not being very reliable, and people are choosing to use B T Taxis.

Maleny, Australia
reviews: 72
4. Re: transportation options Don Muang to Pattaya

Sorry that should be P T Taxis.

There are several posts just down this page, mostly regarding taxis from BKK, but if you book a taxi you can specify which airport, they serve both.

Pattaya, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Pattaya, Ho Chi Minh City
reviews: 51
5. Re: transportation options Don Muang to Pattaya

Also Mister Toom taxi service

Jersey, United...
6. Re: transportation options Don Muang to Pattaya

I would check the possibility of a resumed bus service to Pattaya/Jomtien from Don Muang DMK, nearer to your intended travel date.

Currently there is an excellent hourly VIP bus servcice from BKK Suvarnahumi to Pattaya/Jomtien. cost 134 bart.

I am ever hopeful that they may well commence a service to newly reopened Don Muang Airport at some stage., possibly with a mini bus connection from Suvarnabhumi

http://www.airportpattayabus.com/2012/

I am also hopeful that the regulated meter cab facilty will resume from

Don Muang. Current fixed fare - 1500 bart from BKK. to Pattaya.

Edited: 11:33 am, August 09, 2012
los angeles
7. Re: transportation options Don Muang to Pattaya

Thank you for all your suggestions. Fortunately we have a few months before we travel. I will check in a couple of months to see if additional services between BKK and Don Muang are added.

Hadley ee, thanks for the link to airport pattaya bus. Looks to be an economical way to return to BKK for our flight home.

Kuala Lumpur...
8. Re: transportation options Don Muang to Pattaya

If I wish to go Don Muang Airport from Pattaya using bus, which bus station or bus stop in Bangkok should I get off from the bus? Ekamai, Morchit or Sai Tai? Which station is nearer to Don Muang Airport? And, is there any bus, meter taxi or van from Morchit Bus Station to Don Muang Airport after midnight till early morning? How much is the fare?

Pawtucket, RI
9. Re: transportation options Don Muang to Pattaya

"If I wish to go Don Muang Airport from Pattaya using bus, which bus station or bus stop in Bangkok should I get off from the bus?"

When you are in Bangkok you will have to use a taxi to complete your ride to Don Muang.

Maybe bus from Pattaya bus terminal to Morchit. Morchit is a little closer to Don Muang. Bus station is on North Pattaya Road.

See map for Pattaya. Locate North Pattaya Road. Bus station is on that road.

thaiwaysmagazine.com/pattaya_map/pattaya_map…

When using the meter taxi in Bangkok only pay the meter fare. Don't get in unless the taxi driver agrees to use the meter. I don't recall ever using a taxi from Morchit to Don Muang - if you only pay the meter (price is the same for 4 passengers but luggage room is limited) the ride is fairly priced. Have coins and small bills to pay the driver. Rough guess maybe 70-110 baht.

Bus from Pattaya does not run all night long! Last bus may still be 9 pm.

www.pattayabus.com/?page_id=1594&lang=en

Kuala Lumpur...
10. Re: transportation options Don Muang to Pattaya

Is there any meter taxi or mini van from Morchit Bus Station to Don Muang Airport after midnight till early morning? Is it difficult to get a meter taxi at midnight in Bangkok? Will the fare increase a lot if using a taxi after midnight? Thanks in advance!!