We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel from Bangkok Airport to Pattaya

Which Pattaya hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
fLORIDA
Travel from Bangkok Airport to Pattaya

How did you find the best way and most resonable way to get from the Bangkok AIrport to a Pattaya hotel?

I have heard of some horror stories.

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
reviews: 3
1. Re: Travel from Bangkok Airport to Pattaya

Nothing to worry about. If you want a taxi, about $40 just go to the taxi counter in the Arrivals, for about $60 you can get a limo ( large sedan ) which does the trip in more comfort, takes under 2 hours. There are some mini-vans operating to schedule, just check with the limo counter and they will take care of everything, nothing to worry about at all.

Pattaya, Thailand
reviews: 1
2. Re: Travel from Bangkok Airport to Pattaya

simple practical choice - once through customs go to the thai air counter and get a linmo - merc or big toyota - can'remember exact fare maybe B2500, or exit this quiet area ( you turn left once out of customs and head toward a throng of people who are coralled in the public area) and ignore anyone who approaches you going "you want taxi" "which hotel you go" etc as these are spivs who will rip you off. After meeting the throng walk maybe 15 metres, veer right and exit the building - now you are in the humid air look right and there will probably be a little queue of people in front of you waiting at a little booth. Here they get you a public taxi, record where you are going and what taxi is taking you - so the cabbies generally darent rip you off as they can be identified. A bit cheaper than the limo but not as comfy. Personally after a long flight I plump for the comfort. In both cases the driver may ask for a couple of hundred baht cash - this is legit and pay up - it's for expressway tolls.

Ireland
3. Re: Travel from Bangkok Airport to Pattaya

As a veteran traveller to Pattaya, the cheapest way to get there is to firstly go to the departure's entrance area which is sighnposted. Here you can get a taxi that has just dropped of someone and are not part of the scamming limo service availible in the arrivals hall.

Ask the taxi driver to take you to Morchit bus station which should be no more then 100 baht. In Morchit station there are buses leaving for Pattaya every 30 minutes for a charge of 90 baht. Bus journey takes a little over 2 hours and a baht bus will take you from the central Pattaya bus station for 20 baht to anywhere on beach road.

Sounds like a lot of hassle after a flight but it is easy and the journey will only cost about 210 baht. Or you can take a taxi from the departures entrance and offer anymore then 1000 baht which you should agree before getting into the taxi.

UK
reviews: 15
4. Re: Travel from Bangkok Airport to Pattaya

Nick, ref the reply posting from Thailand Travellerr, he made a mistake. Delete Morchit . Insert Ekkamai. This is the bus station to Pattaya. It is on Sukumvit Rd. Traffic is bad, often jammed here. Everything else he told you is OK.

After long flight not a bad idea to stay in Bkk the nite then travel on next day.

Ekkamai bus station is downstairs from Skytrain station of same name.

I have just come back to the UK. Know Bkk and pattaya reasonably well. If I can help I will. My email is:

martin@walkerprods.plus.com

Have a great trip

UK
reviews: 15
5. Re: Travel from Bangkok Airport to Pattaya

Nick, ref the reply posting from Thailand Travellerr, he made a mistake. Delete Morchit . Insert Ekkamai. This is the bus station to Pattaya. It is on Sukumvit Rd. Traffic is bad, often jammed here. Everything else he told you is OK.

After long flight not a bad idea to stay in Bkk the nite then travel on next day.

Ekkamai bus station is downstairs from Skytrain station of same name.

I have just come back to the UK. Know Bkk and pattaya reasonably well. If I can help I will. My email is:

martin@walkerprods.plus.com

Have a great trip