We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Know a good honest Dive School in Koh Samui?

Which Ko Samui hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
reviews: 23
Know a good honest Dive School in Koh Samui?

Hi, I'm planning to try diving for the first time in Koh Samui but the choice is simply bewildering. I swim well but I have never dived before so I'm not sure what I should be looking for within a school/business. I would like to perhaps do the half PADI this trip and complete it next. Any recomendations? Regards Phil

Vancouver, WA
1. Re: Know a good honest Dive School in Koh Samui?

Hello Phil,

I gather from other posts that you are nearing an end to your Koh Samui trip... Did you ever decide on a dive school and program? I am considering the same and would love to hear if you chose to do it or not... and your experiences... even if it's only snorkeling!

one_of_two

Durham England
reviews: 20
2. Re: Know a good honest Dive School in Koh Samui?

Hi, not sure if you've been or are going soon but I've just come back from Samui and did my diving with a company called Coral Grand Divers who have shops all around the island and a website of the same name.

They cater for beginners and experienced divers.

They have an incredibly fast speedboat which is based at Mae Nam on the North of the island, this leaves at around 8 am for Ko Tao predominantly, but other destinations are available I believe. The trip to Ko Tao takes around 1.5 hrs.

I did a daytrip, as I have my certification, which consisted of taxi pick-up, all equipment hire (very good condition), 2 dives with an experienced divemaster, lunch at their resort on Ko Tao and taxi back to the hotel for 3500 baht.

London-Phil, if you haven't qualified i believe they can take you through this also, but I'd recommend doing your training in this country so that you can have your holiday free to enjoy the diving rather than concentrate on your bouyancy and air usage.

Or you should be able to split it and do your pool and theory stuff here and your open water dives in the resort.

All the staff were very good with european and american divemasters and Thai crew.

Whoever you go with have a great time.

many thanks