We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for 5 star resort - not too expensive - Chaweng

Which Ko Samui hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Brisbane
reviews: 5
Looking for 5 star resort - not too expensive - Chaweng

Hi all

My husband and I are from Australia and are going to Koh Samui in June. This will be our 4th time! We are staying at the Baan Samui - however would like to break our stay up and have 2 or 3 nites at a more up-market or exclusive resort.

Chaweng Beach area would be fine - the quiter end, or somewhere abit further would also be OK.

Has anyone found a resort that is reasonable where you get that feeling of luxury? I love the idea of the private villas with your own plunge pool, but haven't been able to find anything much under $AUD300 per nite...has anyone found a bargin??

We are looking for somewhere reasonably quiet and on the beach that is more geared up for couples.

The ones I've been looking at include:

-Muang KulayPan Hotel

-Baan Haad Ngam Resort

-Samui Peninsula Resort and Spa (not on Chaweng)

-Renaissance Koh Samui Resort & Spa (not on Chaweng)

I'd appreciate any feedback re the above or any other suggestions.

Thanks for your help (in advance)!

Cheers

Amanda

Thailand
reviews: 1
1. Re: Looking for 5 star resort - not too expensive - Chaweng

You may also want to take a look at Buri Rasa Village www.burirasa.com

Brisbane
reviews: 5
2. Re: Looking for 5 star resort - not too expensive - Chaweng

Thanks Bernds...this looks a great place!

Have you stayed there or have you heard any feedback re this one?

Thailand
reviews: 1
3. Re: Looking for 5 star resort - not too expensive - Chaweng

You will find a lot of feedback on Tripadvisor. For more info just send an email at bernd@burirasa.com

liverpool
reviews: 2
4. Re: Looking for 5 star resort - not too expensive - Chaweng

We stayed last year at the buri rasa and would recomend it as just sounds right for your requirements

try for a suite as although the dip pools are available with some rooms we found rarely used it as it was so cold and the pool area is so wonderful

the buri stands out as one of the best in the area and is at the quiet end of chaweng

we are going back this year

have a look at the reviews and the web site

ps bernd is the manager of the buri and extremely helpful

Stoke on Trent
5. Re: Looking for 5 star resort - not too expensive - Chaweng

Hi Amanda

We stayed at the Baan Haad Ngam May 06 and have booked again for this year. From what you describe this Hotel has everything you need apart from your own plunge pool.

The location is perfect alowing a short walk or taxi ride to all the hustle and bustle of Central Chewang but it sits in a quite spot with no noise from traffic and a lovely quite beach (tide permitting)

All the rooms are beautiful, the staff attentive and restaurant excellant. The breakfast is superb with all tastes and appetites catered for. You will get the feeling of luxury an ideal second honeymoon location.

N. Ireland
reviews: 25
6. Re: Looking for 5 star resort - not too expensive - Chaweng

Hi Amanda

My hubby and I are doing exactly the same in June and like you I wanted a few days somewhere a bit special for 3 or four nights. We looked at Muang and the sala for a pool villa and were getting quoted silly prices. Then by pure luck I stumbled across the new pool villas at the Central Samui Village and they are just that, brand new!! they look stunning and come with 5 x 3 meter pool sunbeds and a double daybed and outdoor dining facilities. Included in the rate is twice daily maid service and concierge service that delivers cocktails and canapes to your pool every evening. You can even have breakfast delivered!! These look really spacious and sunny compared to some of the much more expensive ones. And the best bit I managed to get a rate of £100 GBP per night which is soo cheap. Don`t take my word for it though you can check them out on the website, just google centralhotels and resorts and on the main page on the right there is a scrolling news section announcing the villas, click there to be amazed. Hope this helps. I extended my stay from 2 to 4 nights so I get really pampered, also decided to stay at the beginning of the trip to help recover from the flights etc: Hope this helps. We are going from the 16th - 27th June so might see you there.

7. Re: Looking for 5 star resort - not too expensive - Chaweng

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:20 am, August 19, 2009