We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Samui in February

Which Ko Samui hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Northern California
reviews: 10
Samui in February

We are going to spend a week on Samui mid-February. Would like to only book 2 days of hotel in advance, then pick another one when we get there and have had a chance to look around.

I'm wondering about vacancies that time of year and if we will have a trouble finding a room. Our preference is seaview bungalow, with a pool, clean, air-con, hot water. Would like to stay somewhere between north end and south end of the island, but not too picky at this point. We don't need to be in the middle of the party scene, but close to it.

Thanks in advance for all responses.

Also, any tips on activities or day trips around or off the island are welcome.

cornwall
reviews: 4
1. Re: Samui in February

Hi Joy2go

We have spent two Febs in Chaweng, We stayed at the Beachcomber, but I think they are renovating the pool or something next year, but as for the excursions we can help you there! The National Marine Exc. is terrific, boat trip to islands exploring, snorkelling, swimming even climbing! and lunch on the boat, its a very good day out. The jungle jeep safari is great fun, not to be missed! and the Koh Tao speedboat trip not to be missed either, we found all the trips and to do stuff very good value and very well run. get around the island as much as you can, the local buses (Song Taos, like little red pick-up trucks!) are great fun and cheap. Have yourselves a wonderful time,

Maggie

Bristol, United...
reviews: 9
2. Re: Samui in February

It's high season, but not high, high season if you get my drift. (that is between dec 15th - jan 15th or thereabouts. You should'nt have any trouble with finding the kind of room you want.Budget?

Northern California
reviews: 10
3. Re: Samui in February

Thank you all for your reply.

I have finally reserved a villa at Thai House Beach Resort on Lamai Beach and the two reviews I read on this site are both pretty good.

Bangkokgas, any suggestions on renting a private boat to get to Ko Toa and Ko Phangnag (sp) for a day for enjoying those beaches?

Also, how much should we be paying for a taxi ride from Lamai to Chaweng?

Any information you'd like to share about activities on Samui is welcome.

I'm really looking forward to our trip.

4. Re: Samui in February

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 pm, August 22, 2009