We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

looking for a nice hotel "nearish" the action

Which Ko Samui hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Scotland
reviews: 3
looking for a nice hotel "nearish" the action

hi

i wonder if anyone can help. We were going to stay at the Best Western Bay View just between Lamai and Chaweng as we wanted to be a bit out of the way of the main drag. (cost of around 2660 bt a night) but now having second thoughts as seems a bit too far away. It is up on a bit of a hill apparently with no beach access. would like a nice hotel on a nice beach which is not too near all the action. can anyone recommend one?

thanks

Port Macquarie...
reviews: 1
1. Re: looking for a nice hotel "nearish" the action

hi there,

We have booked the Samui Paradise Resort for next April. It is in South Chaweng, directly on the beach and have a range of accommodation. A few TA posters have recently booked this resort.

A new pool has just been installed.

The manager is Christine, really helpful,

guests@samuiparadise.com

www.samuiparadise.com

Apparently the beach there is the best for swimming and it is a walk to the action but far enough away. They now include return transfers.

Have a look!!

Cheryl

Scotland
2. Re: looking for a nice hotel "nearish" the action

thanks for that. i had seen the hotel on a few posts before but on asiarooms.com people were moaning about the lack of swimming pool. was a bit worried about there only being 2 reviews in the hotel section but the website looks fab!

do you know where the cheapest place to book is? i saw asia rooms had £23 a night for a superior bungalow.

thanks again

NEW ZEALAND
reviews: 75
3. Re: looking for a nice hotel "nearish" the action

Hi

Just come back from Samui .Look at Central Samui Resort & Spa.It has everything,is big about 10 years old .Lots of pools with swim up bar plus spa pool and toddlers pool .A big area and good swimming on best part of beach.Close to shops and bars(The shopping strip starts at the back of the hotel and goes for about 3km )On the south end of Chaweng beach slightly quieter. Once in the Resort it is very private and spacious with a lot of garden area.All the rooms face the sea and pool area.Has 3 good restaurants and with in walking distance of many more like Eat Sense

Poppies

Zicoes

Betelnut

Try the food from the beach venders .Great pineapple,mango ,corn on the cob,chicken satay.all 50 bht ($2.50) Beach massage $10 everywhere.

Regards

KIWIKEITH

Bristol, United...
reviews: 11
4. Re: looking for a nice hotel "nearish" the action

KIWIKEITH,

Hope those are not u.s. dollars you are quoting else you've been well and truly had! Am presuming not though!

Regards,

B.Gas

Port Macquarie...
5. Re: looking for a nice hotel "nearish" the action

Hi vikkivicks,

Send an email to Christine at the resort, you will get the best rate direct and she will tell you whats available. Plus you will get transfers and breakfast.

Cheryl

Scotland
6. Re: looking for a nice hotel "nearish" the action

hi again

thanks cheryl i emailed her but only room left is a standard villa (says in her email road noise) so a bit put off by that. so the search starts again! After looking at the website etc really wanted to stay there....

kiwikeith, how much did you pay for central samui? i can find it for about 5040 bt a night. our budget is around 2500bt /night

any other suggestions would be much appreciated

thanks again

victoria

Port Macquarie...
7. Re: looking for a nice hotel "nearish" the action

Hi again,

Have you had a look at Seascape beach resort, looks nice, decent price? Near to Samui Paradise, Bures near the beach, dinner on the beach , website looks good.

Yeah, I understand about the road noise, at least they tell you about it before you get there!!!! Always a good thing!!!

Cheryl

Scotland
8. Re: looking for a nice hotel "nearish" the action

cheryl

thanks for getting back to me. i will go have a look just now. i thought that it wouldnt be as busy in september but i guess i better book up soon!

victoria

Scotland
9. Re: looking for a nice hotel "nearish" the action

just reserved the seascape online.....waiting for them to get back tome. fingers crossed!!!

thanks again for all your help

victoria

Port Macquarie...
10. Re: looking for a nice hotel "nearish" the action

Good for you, it looks nice!

Hope all works out and your reservation is confirmed.

It must be busy in September, we had previously booked Seascape, although Samui Paradise was our first choice it didn't have a pool, now it has!! They were both in our price range, under $100 AUD. The hotel rooms at Seascape look nice too for the price and I think they are fairly new!

Good luck

Cheryl