We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ladyboy boxing

Which Ko Samui hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
reviews: 24
Ladyboy boxing

Hi,

Someone's post suggested this was a good thing to see. Recently saw a TV program where 2 Brit guys tried to train with a ladyboy boxer & she was totally amazing. Where would I go to see a ladyboy boxing bout? Also I only want to go if it is boxing & it feels like people have respect for the competitors, not if the competitors are being treated like 'freaks'. Thanks.

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
reviews: 44
1. Re: Ladyboy boxing

Hi

I have never seen one. But you're right lady boy for Thai propel we treated

them no different as to every one else. Don't forget these so called lady boy have physique of male bur choose to lead their lives as female. Some of them might go all the way as "changing " everything. Some still have male if you know what I mean and only dress as girl when out and about. They still lead normal life like us, some are boxer, some are in the army. They might served you in restaurants, airport or check out at supermarket etc.

If you like to see the show there's Starz cabaret in Chawrng. These are purposely for show.

Hope this help

London, United...
reviews: 24
2. Re: Ladyboy boxing

Thank you, Sweetpea. Starz cabaret is on my list of things to see on Koh Samui. I'm hoping they will do some ABBA & Kylie!

New Zealand
reviews: 21
3. Re: Ladyboy boxing

Over at Lamai they do boxing with ladies but never seen ladyboy boxing in the times we have been. I have heard they sometimes do have ladyboys so maybe ask the bars and they will tell you.

In saying that the ladies that do box are sometimes damn brilliant!

This year we went and it wasn't so good but the year before the ladies performed better than the guys.

There were Thai and European ladies.

It's a free show but you sit at seating surrounded by beer bars and it's polite to buy a drink or 2 but there is no pressure.

The guy doing the commentary is quite funny at times. It starts late at about 10.30pm on a Saturday night and goes for a few hours.

The girls and guys walk around prior to the fight in the crowds to get sponsorship by the way of 100 baht notes. A good fun night out.

Norfolk, England
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, Batu Ferringhi, Chaweng, Ko Samui
reviews: 174
4. Re: Ladyboy boxing

Hi

I am lucky enough to call many of the Ladyboys at Starz as friends and sisters or daughters, plus a few from Moulin Rouge. Being friends with them from the old Star Club days - and that closed 3 years ago.

At Starz Caberet Madonna and Kylie are both fully gender reassigned ladyboys (ie they have had their boy bits removed). Whitney / Donna is a boy (Campbell lives as a gay man), but the rest of the show girls are ladyboys. Some have had breast implants, some have not. They are very good at their lip syncing, and far better than many other shows I have seen. The show is good fun and family entertainment - there might be a bit of smut occasionally, but nothing seedy [that would offend my old ma]

They are really hard working, and whilst folks might moan about 300thb for a drink, you hare getting a really great fun night out.

Enjoy a ladyboy show, but if you have a photo taken with these beautiful creatures please be kind to these wonderful people. Life can be pretty hard for those that actually wish they were female, they get a lot of stick. So when you have your photo taken with Kylie, Madonna, Witney or Cher, that 10thb doesn’t buy them anymore than it buys us, so please remember that those tips can mean a meal to some of the girls and saves them having to go to the more unsavoury life that some ladyboys have to resort to make ends meet!

We class ourselves lucky to have ladyboys in our life. I know a couple of other Farangs who have also ‘adopted’ a ladyboy – with no strings attached. They are the most fun people and very honest and open once they realise that you are genuine, accepting them for what they are. We talk honestly about everything

; and they love a good gossip; and are good fun to party with [and that is me a 50+ married lady saying that].

It is also a privilege to be visit a Thai in their home! I visited one of our other ladyboy friends. A very simple room, but so clean and tidy but many young people’s rooms to shame. Quite humbling.

There is at least one famous ladyboy thai boxer, but not seen any on Samui.

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Phangan, Ko Samui, Thailand
reviews: 42
5. Re: Ladyboy boxing

Like button TM : )

Norfolk, England
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, Batu Ferringhi, Chaweng, Ko Samui
reviews: 174
6. Re: Ladyboy boxing

Thanks Cass, TM!

7. Re: Ladyboy boxing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, August 19, 2014