We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Going to Thailand for first time need help

Which Ko Samui hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
wirral
reviews: 3
Going to Thailand for first time need help

Hi

We're thinking of going to thailand in feb 14, never been before was told Koh Samui was the best, need some help from ppl who have been and can tell us where would be best to stay/go. I am a large lady with some health and walking difficulties so somewhere suitable pls.We enjoy relaxing by the pool or beach,trying different restaurants etc,my husband enjoys scuba diving and snorkelling to.

Many Thanks

Red Deer, Canada
reviews: 66
1. Re: Going to Thailand for first time need help

HI

We went in December 2012 and I LOVE Thailand!! Bangkok has a train system so not much trouble there for walking. Phuket has Beautiful Beaches and so much to do they have Tuk Tuks so getting around is easy. Chiang Mai Very Romantic city and lots to do in the countryside! See my posts on all three and if I can help at all just let me know! Love Thailand!

London
Destination Expert
for Thailand
reviews: 121
2. Re: Going to Thailand for first time need help

You dont mention a budget but you could look at Centara Grand Beach Hotel, good location beachfront nice hotel not far to walk to restaurants bars etc.

Norfolk, England
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, Batu Ferringhi, Chaweng, Ko Samui
reviews: 174
3. Re: Going to Thailand for first time need help

Hi

Yes agree with Chris, you may find that the Centara Grand might suit - depending on your budget

Chaweng beach is as wonderful as any in Phuket!

Scunthorpe
reviews: 2
4. Re: Going to Thailand for first time need help

If your planning to go to samui then bhoput or Fisherman village as its also called is a nice place to stop, it has some nice shops bars and restaurants all down one road, And a weekly market. If you want more off a busier place then lamai has plenty off bars and girly bars, Thai boxing and a long long beach. Koh phangan is also a 15 min ferry ride away. Chewang on samui Is worth a look round but I've found it a bit off a dump personally.

Edited: 5:54 pm, August 09, 2013
Scunthorpe
reviews: 2
5. Re: Going to Thailand for first time need help

If your planning to go to samui then bhoput or Fisherman village as its also called is a nice place to stop, it has some nice shops bars and restaurants all down one road, And a weekly market. If you want more off a busier place then lamai has plenty off bars and girly bars, Thai boxing and a long long beach. Koh phangan is also a 15 min ferry ride away. Chewang on samui Is worth a look round but I've found it a bit off a dump personally.

6. Re: Going to Thailand for first time need help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, August 11, 2014