We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beachfront resorts /hotels in Koh Samui

Which Ko Samui hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bhubaneswar, India
reviews: 149
Beachfront resorts /hotels in Koh Samui

Dear all

i am visiting koh samui in June'13...I need your help on two things

> kindly suggest me some good romantic and quiet resort / hotel....with beautiful beach...should not be too far away / or too near from the main chewang beach where all the shops/activities/restaurants are present...3* to 4* properties is what i am looking for?

Also can you suggest some good options in Choeng Mon Beach?

> what are places to see in koh samui and what other islands are nearby where we can go and visit

My trip will be for 3N / 4D

Bhubaneswar, India
11. Re: Beachfront resorts /hotels in Koh Samui

dear all, one more question, is it advisable to buy BAHT before arriving in Thailand? Or is it better to do the exchange at the island itself? I am from India , so its INR. I read somewhere that we will end up spending more if we bring BAHT with us before arriving at Thailand.? Is it true? if yes, how so?

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
reviews: 44
12. Re: Beachfront resorts /hotels in Koh Samui

No. never buy bath in your country. You will get far better exchange rates in Thailand. Perhaps change just a little at the airport. The money changer ( bank booth) and banks are dot all over the island especially on chaweng beach road. Just incase you might ask this question No there's no commissions for changing money in Thailand. Don't change it at one go change as needed and put the rest in room safe.

Cheers,

Bhubaneswar, India
13. Re: Beachfront resorts /hotels in Koh Samui

dear sweetpea, is it fine if I do the money exchange at Bangkok airport? or shall I wait till I reach Koh Samui? Will there be any difference?

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
reviews: 44
14. Re: Beachfront resorts /hotels in Koh Samui

Hi

If you're over night in Bangkok then just change enough for a day or two. But if just transit then change it as needed once in koh Samui. There are plenty of money changer banks booth and bank every where. The exchange rates are pretty much the same.

15. Re: Beachfront resorts /hotels in Koh Samui

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, May 25, 2014