We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Songthaew

Which Ko Samui hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney
reviews: 18
Songthaew

Hi

Can someone confirm cost to pay staying at Baan Talay, South Chaweng to go up into central Chaweng say Ark bar or Green Bird Restaurant. Should we pay about 50.00 baht per person?

Thanks Jenny

Warwick, United...
reviews: 2
11. Re: Songthaew

It is THB60 from Nathon to Chaweng.The minimum fare is THB 20.This fare is shon on the Songserm pier in Nathon.

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
reviews: 41
12. Re: Songthaew

@ post # 10 you're saying there are multi of double pricing all over the world, that's I take India included? I don't think the Thais or government have any intentions or make it as sounds like discrinating but this double pricing been around for so so many years. To me is the case of if you don't like it ( double pricing) just don't use the service or don't go simply as that. Just saying

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
reviews: 41
13. Re: Songthaew

Oh this might make some of you feels better the Thais has to pay double pricing too like myself. Thailand is a big country with 4 main regions. if You are travel to different regions and don't speak the dialect of the region you're visiting. I can guarantee the price are double too.

Warwick, United...
reviews: 2
14. Re: Songthaew

I use the songthaews virtually every other day into and out of Nathon.I only ever pay the published fare usually shown on a chart in the drivers rear window facing the passengers.

Tongson bay, koh...
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui
reviews: 45
15. Re: Songthaew

hi all

when you have an accident on samui and you are asked to pay [just because you are a rich tourist and therefore can afford it ]

with no regard to weather you were wrong or right

you may then have a diifferent view of this ugly side of thai/ way of thinking

and by accepting this behaviour and therefore encouraging it his quickly escalates into much bigger problems

and as some posters talking about whinging ?

since i choose to live on samui and embrace they way of life here [unlike many whinging tourists]

i have many thai friends also who share this opinion , that charging anybody different prices is not acceptable and encourages discrimination

cheers

Dean Cleeton

16. Re: Songthaew

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, February 27, 2014