We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Finally ..we are here

Which Ko Samui hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
reviews: 53
Finally ..we are here

Hi all

Just thought I will do daily updates here instead. But I will also post at the countdown thread!!!

Had a quick walk to the beach ( beach bar actually) and a quick mojito. The sea is very rough and the RED FLAGS are up.

Friend pick up us for dinner for Issan food ( on the ring road) the restaurant called " mod yim" which mean " smiley ants" the food was delicious, for 5 people food and drinks came to 1085 there were 6 dishes, rice, 2 coke and 2 large Chang beer and mixer for Whisky for our friends.

Master 15 want to get some movie so off we went to chaweng central. OMG where are the people come from. I think the party already started for some. I have never experience the traffics jam in koh Samui like this ever. Normally the 5 mins journey now it take longer than 25 mins. However once the taxi ( we caught taxi back to hotel ) approaching south chaweng beach they are quite different zone altogether.

Want to know more just ask :-)

Saudi Arabia
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
reviews: 21
1. Re: Finally ..we are here

Hi sweetpea,

No questions. Just enjoy your well earned vacation.

Cheers, Andy.

Wiltshire, United...
reviews: 44
2. Re: Finally ..we are here

Glad you arrived safe and sound - have a fantastic time. Looking forward to the updates.

Mags

Wyong, Australia
reviews: 46
3. Re: Finally ..we are here

Hi Pea, the food at Mod Yim sounds delicious.

I mean if the ants are smiling, then how could it not be.

Norfolk, England
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, Batu Ferringhi, Chaweng, Ko Samui
reviews: 214
4. Re: Finally ..we are here

Pea, you lucky, lucky thing!

Enjoy your TA meet up, and give Mossy a hug - I have asked her via Facebook to give you my best.

Have fun, we have 59 days to go. Never have done NYE in Samui, but arrived on 2nd and the sea on South Chaweng is always very rough, so I normally get the boogey boards out, but forget to change from a bikini to full swimming costume, so sorry if any of you have accidently seen my white bits.

Enjoy, expect lots of reports . . . . please??

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Phangan, Ko Samui, Thailand
reviews: 42
5. Re: Finally ..we are here

Have a great time Pea - hope the weather is kind to you : )

Perth, Australia
reviews: 37
6. Re: Finally ..we are here

Enjoy Pea. Thanks for all the great updates!

Cheers

Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 22
7. Re: Finally ..we are here

Enjoy your trip Pea, Mr Pea and little Pea :)

Perth
reviews: 3
8. Re: Finally ..we are here

Have a great time pea ,we only have 95 days to go till we are back. Keep us posted.

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
reviews: 53
9. Re: Finally ..we are here

Good Morning every one :-)

Thanks for the wishes. We will defiantly will enjoy ourselves even though the weather might be a it dodgy ( at the moment is 8.47am).

Woke up with the sounds of heavy rains but at the moment outside look pretty promising with the sun shining through ( a bit ) on my right side ( south towards Lamai). From my balcony usually this time of the day i can see the beach full with an empty sun lounges but with the towels over to mark's their territory. But not today not a single soul on the beach. The beach look very short as the tide very high. Every one that love surfing will be in heaven.

After breakfast if is not rain will go and checkout the new hotel down the road.

Cheers,

Cork, Ireland
reviews: 123
10. Re: Finally ..we are here

Enjoy.Hope the weather gets better.I arrive january 15th