We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weather in November?

Which Ko Samui hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Wollongong
weather in November?

I have just read some older messages and am now really concerned. We have booked 8 days in Koh Samui in early November (after 8 days in Phuket.) Is this a bad time to be going to Ko Samui? We don't want to be stuck with wet weather every day. Should we just stay in Phuket? have been to Phuket 8 years ago but never to Koh Samui.

Newcastle N S W
reviews: 9
1. Re: weather in November?

Hello

History & normal weather patterns show that the weather in November is rain & normally plenty of it.

Normally in an 8 day period you would get some good weather but the beaches & water conditions aren`t very good usually keeping you confined to the pool area of your resort.

November is normally the start of good weather on the Andaman sea side but just to confuse things further the rain hung around till about xmas last year so you really don`t know what you will get these days.

Maybe a solution is to cancel the Samui part of the booking, spend your 8 days in Phuket & monitor the weather conditions in Samui & if they are ok hop on a plane & visit Samui,if you can`t get over to Samui i`m sure you will have no trouble filling the other 8 days in the areas surrounding Phuket.

Hope this helps

Jamie

UK
reviews: 1
2. Re: weather in November?

I have been to Samui twice in November -In 2002 we had several short rain downpours but plenty of sunshine.

In November 2005 we had 4 good days in 3 weeks - they had the worst rains for years. There was 6 feet of water down the main Chewang Road with businesses and homes flooded and ruined. Even some deaths.

But don't let it put you off, that hopefully was a one-off because it normally starts getting better in November

Newcastle N S W
reviews: 9
3. Re: weather in November?

That sort of rain unfortunately isn`t a one off for October November, I remember it flooded bad in `03 probably not as bad as last year but not far behind.

Nobody can predict how much rain will be in that period,our opinions & advice are what we have experienced & read,my experiences & opinion is the weather is unlikely to improve until mid December but who knows these days.

Jamie

Gatwick
reviews: 5
4. Re: weather in November?

Basically you will get some rain, and some sun.....at any time of the year!

We went September 2001 - one day of rain. October 2003 - 7 days of solid rain!!!

May 2005 - NO RAIN WHATSOEVER!!!!!!!!

The weather will be fine and about 30 degrees.