We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advise on which hotel to pick

Which Ko Samui hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
NZ
reviews: 9
Advise on which hotel to pick

We are travelling to Koh Samui in early Aug and I'm having trouble trying to pick which hotel to stay in. Any suggestions which is out best choice.

our cheapest option is.. Chaba Cabana

Amari Palm Reef

Central Samui Beach

Chaweng Regent Beach

Thanks for your help

Newcastle N S W
reviews: 9
1. Re: Advise on which hotel to pick

Hello

If your budget allows stick to the bottom 3.

Amari is one of the best recommended resorts on Samui you never seem to hear or read a bad report.

Chaweng Regent is also a good resort with good reports, both these resorts are very close to the main eating,shopping & entertainment precinct of Chaweng.

Central Samui is at the southern end (best IMO)& is a large hotel style resort but IMO is starting to get a bit dated & overtaken by newer resorts but it still is one of the best on Samui.

You might want to take a look at a new resort towards the southern end called Buri Rasa www.burirasa.com certainly looks & reads very impressive,another resort near bye is Banana Fan Sea it`s also good, cheaper than Buri Rasa,I have recommended this to other people & received good feedback.

Hope this helps

Jamie

Sydney
reviews: 1
2. Re: Advise on which hotel to pick

Hi Trossachs...another Kiwi here from Sydney.

We are getting married in August in Koh Samui and have just found a hotel through Harvey World Travel called Kandaburi Resort...it opens in April at the North end of Chaweng Beach....we think next to Amari, but not 100% sure.

It isn't reviewed on here yet (obviously) and doesn't feature in many brochures, but I'm sure you could book direct, or find an agent who sells it in NZ.

Another reviewer said they have watched it being built, and it is in a fantastic position. The company who are developing it have others around Thailand, and they are all superb, apparently.

Not sure of your budget, but they seem to be having some 'opening' deals this year to get things cracking.

Hope this helps.

England
reviews: 18
3. Re: Advise on which hotel to pick

Hi,

We Honeymooned at the Central Samui Beach Hotel and can't recommend it enough we loved it, and it's in a great location on the beach and at one end of Cheweng.

Amari - My friend stayed there last May, they said it got very busy round the pool the beach is not as good that end, but they had a lovely time rooms are very nice.

UK
reviews: 2
4. Re: Advise on which hotel to pick

There are some good rates for Kandaburi on www.asiarooms.com