We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best swimming beach

Which Ko Samui hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Campbell River
reviews: 4
best swimming beach

Please Help, I have been reading so much but cannot find info about where to stay on Koh Samui that will provide us with great swimming beach, I have read that many beaches are rocky rather than sandy in the water and also murky waters, we are not big party people but do not want completely remote either some where inbetween and have a budget of 2000Bht's/night. Any accomadation advice also appreciated.

Ko Samui, Thailand
reviews: 5
1. Re: best swimming beach

Great beaches for swimming - Maenam, Lamai, Chaweng, Choengmon and Bophut. I've written here about different beaches/areas of Samui, maybe it will help you a bit... …blogspot.com/p/samui-overview.html

Ko Samui, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui
reviews: 205
2. Re: best swimming beach

Excellent information Elina and superb photos. You need to post this into FAQ section.

Campbell River
3. Re: best swimming beach

Thank-you I read your blog carefully I originally really like the sounds of Maenam but then read the water was not clean and clear but rather murkey do you know if this is true as we spend a lot of time in the water.

Ko Samui, Thailand
reviews: 5
4. Re: best swimming beach

The water in Maenam is not as clear as Chaweng, Choengmon and Lamai, but it's deep and good for swimming. Plus there are not many big hotels, so the water is not too polluted comparing to Chaweng.

Campbell River
5. Re: best swimming beach

Has anyone stayed or heard of a clean accomadation on Choeng Mon Beach with AC for no more than 2000bahts. Also need to know if this beach is deep enough for swimming?

AUSTRALIA
reviews: 9
6. Re: best swimming beach

IMO the best in Samui is CHAWENG beach.... From the Middle section of the beach and anywhere to the southern end.

Regards Bob & Chris.

arctica
reviews: 8
7. Re: best swimming beach

Choeng Mon beach hotel is located at the beach center, and they offer room and bungalows within your budget. We looked at two different rooms a while ago. They were simple, but clean, and seemed to be worth the price.

There is also a big swimming pool.

But the guy at the front desk who showed us the rooms was not very welcoming, positive or smiling. We felt the atmosphere so negative that we chose not to stay there. Perhaps it was just an unlucky day…

Here are some reviews:

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g293918-d105585…

Perth, Australia
reviews: 6
8. Re: best swimming beach

A fantastic guide, just what my wife and I were looking for. Thanks heaps.

Nowra, Australia
9. Re: best swimming beach

Hi heading to Samui in mid October. First time in Samui. Like the sound of Chaweng area. Any reasonable 3-4 star type accommodation that you could recommend, with brekky. Also looking for nice reasonable price places for dinners and of course for my massages. Would really aoppreciate any info. Will probably have a little bit of tourist look around but really want to laze around and relax. Maybe one boat type trip?? Thank you in advance. Sharon

Nowra, Australia
10. Re: best swimming beach

Hi heading to Samui mid October first timers and looking for 3-4 star acc around Chaweng Beach, with brekky. Also any info on nice places for dinners and massages reasonable prices would be appreciated. Probably do 1 or 2 touristy type things (maybe a boat trip?) but mostly laze around and relax. So looking forward to the break from the hectic daily routine...thanks in advance all info will be greatly appreciated and thx for your time. Sharon