We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to have our wedding

Which Ko Samui hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Switzerland
Where to have our wedding

We would like to have our wedding on Koh Samui (3rd June 2006). Any recommendations on a nice hotel for our 25 guests to stay at and also to have our wedding? We like a more intimate boutique style resort with great service AND nice beach. Preferably nothing near the crazy nightlife of Chaweng Beach. I'm completely overwhelmed by the choice of hotels and appreciate any suggestions or feedback.

wales, uk
reviews: 3
1. Re: Where to have our wedding

Without a doubt, you must stay at the Central Samui beach resort. This is a fantastic hotel & you are treated like a King & Queen.

This hotel is very Central to Chaweng. This is on a beautiful part of the beach, very relaxing and not too busy this time of year. But there are plenty of bars & restaurants outside the hotel. We had a good walk about the resort and I cannot see any other hotel that looks as fantastic as this one as it has beautifull gardens & would be ideal for a wedding/ honeymoon.

Goods luck with your choice.

UK
reviews: 2
2. Re: Where to have our wedding

Have you taken a look at Rocky Resort? We are getting married there in August 2006 and have been very impressed with their service to date, nothing is too much trouble. The only thing we have not booked through them is our wedding photographer who we booked independently. I can find the details for that if you need it. Most hotels will organise a photographer for you but we preferred to pay a little bit extra (relatively speaking to western prices, still v reasonable - about £200) for a good photographer.

We haven't stayed at Rockys but a friend stayed there in January 2005 and loved it so we are going on her recommendation and the fact that it is now listed in Kuoni's wedding brochure and has had lots of good reviews posted on its website and on tripadvisor and sawadee.com. The web address is www.rockyresort.com.

The location is on a private beach 5 mins drive south of Lamai, so well away from Chaweng beach. It is a boutique resort with an excellent restaurant - take a look, the photos are gorgeous. Part of the reason we chose the hotel is because the accommodation was cheaper than a lot of the other upmarket hotels organising weddings.

Best wishes

Switzerland
3. Re: Where to have our wedding

Thanks Bella-Butterfly. We were just looking at the website for Rocky Resort and thought it looked wonderful, along with a great service for weddings. We're really excited about the resort and it looks just beautiful. There's a lot of positive feedback about the resort so it looks like we'll be getting married there too!. Best luck for your wedding. :-)

Switzerland
4. Re: Where to have our wedding

Ps. Thanks for your feedback Welshietart. Central Samui also looks nice but we opted for Rocky Resort as we wanted a bit more seclusion. thanks again :-)

UK
5. Re: Where to have our wedding

Fantastic, it does look beautiful doesn't it? The seclusion is a big plus too and Luke and Katie have been so helpful with all our plans. Have fun planning your wedding and have a wonderful time next June.

B

UK
reviews: 9
6. Re: Where to have our wedding

Hi,

I was finding everything very expensive on Samui and have opted for the other side of the island to Chaweng, Big Johns Sunset Resort on Lipa Noi.

They have been wonderful so far, we get married 28th June 2006 and the prices are far more realistic the places like Rockys.

If you want any advice let me know any i will give you some more info.

Switzerland
7. Re: Where to have our wedding

So here's our latest update: We really really really wanted Rocky's, but after receiving their quote for our wedding, it was more than 3 times the price that other 4 and 5 star resorts had offered us. We were disappointed as Rocky's looks lovely, but we just can't justify the cost, especially when we can receive the same, if not more, from another luxury resort for a lot less money. We've now opted to have our wedding at Nora's Beach Resort & Spa as they have given us very quick and efficient feedback and info, along with an excellent rate not only for the wedding but for the accommodation for our guests.

UK
8. Re: Where to have our wedding

Nora looks like a wonderful location - the rooms look beautiful, it is such a nice feeling when you are finally settled on the location. Now you can have fun with the rest of the planning :) Have a wonderful time

Switzerland
9. Re: Where to have our wedding

Thanks Bella-Butterfly... I am so relieved that we've finally made a decision. I will keep you posted on how our wedding at Nora's goes. Would love to hear how things go for your wedding at Rocky's too. Take care :-)