We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

thai airways

Which Ko Samui hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
yorkshire
reviews: 1
thai airways

hi , we are flying with this company in july and i never heard of them!!somebody i was speaking to said there wasn't tvs in head rest!!!!!is this true?i have 5 and 7 year old and it is a big help if there is tv in headrest as they wouldnt want to colour in for 13hrs!!!!

thankyou!!!!

Perth
reviews: 10
1. Re: thai airways

Thai airlines is a great airline,It is Thailands national airline and a major international airline.

It is not a cheap airline subsidory.

I have flow them many times over the years.

I suppose it depends on what plane you are on,some have seat screens some dont.

I fly from Perth Australia and last one I went on had the screens in the seat.

I am from the UK originaly and given a choice between British airways and Thai I would choose Thai for the quality of inflight sevice given.

Den

Melbourne, Australia
2. Re: thai airways

Go to Thai airways web site and check out what plane you are on. You can then find out if they have screens in the back of the seats

Go to seat guru web site and chose your seats then ring the airline for seat allocation.

Pam

Hell, Norway
reviews: 2
3. Re: thai airways

Thai have been flying for 48 years and have daily flight from the UK for at least 30 years. They don't have TV on the seatbacks, but have overhead sreens for movies etc. They are always behind other airlines when it comes to in-flight facilities. However, service is usually some of the best in the industry.

Melbourne, Australia
4. Re: thai airways

The flights leaving from Melbourne Australia have screens on the seats.

They have updated a lot of their planes, as I said check with their website.

UK
5. Re: thai airways

Amigobelle, if you are in Yorkshire maybe you should fly with this Company...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJxzDYJ4C3Y

Last I heard from a friend who flew with Thai recently from Heathrow, they have not updated there aircraft, so still the overhead screens.

Sonny.

Tokyo
6. Re: thai airways

If you fly from London Heathrow to Bangkok on TG, their fleets are all B747-400. There is no private TV in each seat in Y class.

I flew from Tokyo to Bangkok last month on the same metal, and actually there wasn't.

However TG's hospitality is excellent and it can compensate for the disadvantage of luck of private monitor.

Don't forget to collect airmiles.

somerset
reviews: 4
7. Re: thai airways

I echo what Dragonc has posted, the flights from Heathrow use 747-400 planes so no seat back screens but remember the leg room is 34", the only airline that has this much in economy. I always go on the night flight so i sleep most of the way and the service is second only to Singapore airlines IMO.

Andygsxr

Tokyo
8. Re: thai airways

>>the service is second only to Singapore airlines IMO<<

I should have added this line in my last reply. I can't agree with you more more in this respect ;-)

Sydney, Australia
reviews: 43
9. Re: thai airways

Have to agree the service on thai is great.The food is a bit of a lottery though,sometimes good sometimes average.All the flights i have had on thai out of europe have had no tv,but the bonus is the copious amount of leg room and no box under the seat in front as mentioned previously

derby
reviews: 6
10. Re: thai airways

Thai airways are excellent - friendly and helpful staff and from my experience the staff will do anything to keep the children happy. They are much better than BA for comfort, leg room and general hospitality. Maybe take some books, games and a hand held console if you ahve one to keep them occupied!