We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Confused: Where to stay?

Which Ko Samui hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, Singapore
reviews: 4
Confused: Where to stay?

Hi everyone

I'm planning to go Koh Samui with my fiance from 30th April (we should be arriving late at night as we're taking Bangkok Airways from Singapore) to 4th May.

I have read that May is the start of the rainy season but I'm not sure if it starts "pouring" the moment the month of May crosses over, so I thought we'll give it a shot/gamble. Any feedback on this is appreciated.

I'm having a headache deciding which hotel to book with. My options currently are (in no particular order):-

1) Anantara Resort and Spa - Bo Phut

2) Centara Grand Beach - Chaweng

3) Centara Samui Villas - Chaweng

4) Bo Phut Resort & Spa - Bo Phut

From what I've gathered online, Bo Phut beaches aren't that nice as the sand is quite coarse and some say the water isn't that clear. I haven't seen any feedback on Chaweng beach yet. However, I understand that Chaweng beach is like the HUB of Samui where most of the shops/restaurants are (I could be wrong, please correct me if I am :) or in short, where the action is. Am I right to liken Chaweng beach to say Patong beach of Phuket? Although I don't think Chaweng is THAT crowded compared to Patong?

I would like to stay in a hotel where beach access/front is available. would be a plus as well if the beach is clean. Given that the time that I'll be there is low season, I'm not too woried about the crowds. Can someone tell me if Chaweng beach is cleanar/better than Bo Phut or vice versa?

Any other hotel recommendation would be helpful as well. My budget for accomodation during this period is around SGD1,000, roughly SGD250/night.

Ko Samui, Thailand
reviews: 5
21. Re: Confused: Where to stay?

I would personally for Punpreeda as it's much close to everything. Cliff has nice view and a restaurant/bar, but that's about it,it's in a middle of nowhere, you can always visit it for a coctail or lunch... Impiana has mixed reviews and too far from everything, depends if you wanna stay in your hotel most of the time or be out ad about.

You can find a few jet ski in Chaweng beach ( I use the one behind TOPS supermarket) and some in Bophut and Lamai. I prefer Eranda personally because of their great view and it's a little bit cheaper too.

Singapore
22. Re: Confused: Where to stay?

Hi Elina

Thanx once again for ur great help...

i am set with Punpreeda...thanx once again...

Koh Samui..see u in June!!!

Thailland
23. Re: Confused: Where to stay?

Buri Rasa is a greet option too, it's in the top ten list of Samui, it's a small Boutique resort with 32 rooms(see www.burirasa.com), it's located on the southern part of Chaweng which is the best part of the beach(sand, water depths, Peacefulness), the staffs are great and very very friendly

24. Re: Confused: Where to stay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:19 am, September 20, 2009