We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Koh Samui in September

Which Ko Samui hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
ireland
Koh Samui in September

Hi

Thinking of travelling to Ko Samui for my honeymoon in September, just wanted to know is it very rainy here in September and which of these hotels would be better Poppies or Le Meridien.

Melbourne
reviews: 24
1. Re: Koh Samui in September

Le Meridien is beautiful but not in the centre of the nightlife, Chaweng is very busy if you want to be in the middle of everything.

I would suggest Le Meridien.

I believe September is at the start of the rainy season but not too wet, we are also going in September and are staying at the Sala Samui in Choeng Mon which looks great.

Regards

Robert

London
reviews: 15
2. Re: Koh Samui in September

Lilliput,

From all the research I have done it shows that the Le Meridian is absolutely beautiful, however as Rob said it is very remote.

I am travelling in September with my grilfriend (both 31) and we wanted a small boutique hotel which was luxurious while at the same time near enough to walk to some bars and restaurants. We have therefore chosen Poppies, which has only 24 rooms. If you email them directly and stay 10 nights they will give you 1 night for free.

Hope this helps.

3. Re: Koh Samui in September

hey Chililover... we have also booked sala samui for our vacation in September. I chose Koh Samui over Phuket cause I thought it was not raining on Koh samui then? Anyhow, Sala Samui looks like a great resort, just the type of place I like to stay.Have you been there before? Also, who do you make your reservation through? I tried to make a booking direct with the hotel and they told me there was no availability.That wasn't going to stop me so I found a site, hoteltravel.com and they have confirmed availabilty for us? Very strange

Melbourne
reviews: 24
4. Re: Koh Samui in September

Hi Coastalguy

We actually booked through our travel agent in Melbourne although the payment is being processed through sawadee.com...

I have been lead to believe that some travel wholesalers are allocated blocks of rooms which is why the resort may seem full but if you look around something may come up.

Looks like a great hotel!!

5. Re: Koh Samui in September

Hey Chililover... well they have confirmed our reservation for a week in September AND matched a cheaper rate I found on another website (their policy). So all looks good. And yes the hotel looks V nice. Can't wait!

Sacramento CA
reviews: 2
6. Re: Koh Samui in September

Hi. Two very different choices on opposite sides of the island. Meridien in SW - about 40mins from the airport. Beautiful resort on a hillside overlooking the sea. Very tranquil and idylic. 2 nagatives though - you can't swim off the beach because of the coral (at least 2 pools though) and distance from nightlife etc.

Poppies is beautiful but tiny (14 rooms or so) squeezed right into the heart of Chaweng so right in the heart of it for nightlife, shops etc. Tiny pool, but right on the beach (bit busy). Fantastic restaurant (which you should book no matter where you stay).

A good compromise is the northern shore, around Maenam, Bophut etc. You get a more relaxed environment and reasonable distance from shops & nightlife etc. I've stayed at Santiburi (nice) and Napasai (delightful & a bit like Meridien but without the 'fuss'). Hope that helps...