We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

maenam to chaweng-best way and how much please?

Which Ko Samui hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Lancashire UK
reviews: 13
maenam to chaweng-best way and how much please?

Hi

Am still looking about samui for somewhere to stay. Dont want to stay directly i Chaweng but want to be able to get there easy enough for the odd night out!

I looked at Banana Fan and Poppies as they are close but not too close but they are out of my budget.

Ive seen Moonhut bungalows in Maenam and i really like the look of them.

My question is...what is the easiest way to get from maenam to Chaweng and how much should I expect to pay?

Thanks V Much xx

Warwick, United...
reviews: 2
1. Re: maenam to chaweng-best way and how much please?

Easiest or cheapest?

Easiest - Taxi.Price open to negotiation but expect to pay Bht200 to Bht300.

Cheapest - Songthaew.Again price negotiable.Local Thais would probably pay Bht15.You will probably be asked for Bht50.Try Bht30.

Ko Samui, Thailand
reviews: 5
2. Re: maenam to chaweng-best way and how much please?

Have a look as well www.apartmentsamui.com for the guesthouse called The Lodge. It's on the beach, it's in Fisherman Village which is the most beautiful village on Samui and great place to stay , the guesthouse is fantastic, very beautiful with excellent service, you will not be disappointed. Also Bophut is closer to Chaweng than Maenam.

british
reviews: 2
3. Re: maenam to chaweng-best way and how much please?

have been to samui in december and stayed at maenam village bungalows, right on the beach! for 1000 baht you get a really nice room, air con, fan, fridge and satellite tv as well as on suite toilet and hot shower, next door is a fantastic laid back restaurant overlooking the water,(beach was almost deserted) with excellent food, you can rent a motor bike from the english speaking proprieters (gina and m), a laundry service is offered, and all as cheap as chips, highly recomeended for quality low budget rooms, we are going back to samui in may and dont even want to look for other accomodation,

4. Re: maenam to chaweng-best way and how much please?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:20 am, September 18, 2009