We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Confused honeymooners-to-be: Where to stay

Which Ko Samui hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Australia
reviews: 1
Confused honeymooners-to-be: Where to stay

HI there,

I know there is a lot of posts already about where to stay, however I am all the more confused from reading them all! I guess so much of the statements is up to the individuals opinion which is what I am asking for now!

We are going on our honeymoon April 08 and have 7 nights in Thailand. While we have booked our flight in and out of Bangkok, we havn't booked Kok Samui yet- we are wanting the perfect mix (does it exist!) of beautiful clean beach, nice and clear water to swim and snorkle in, gorgeous resort (villas, pool, food etc), peaceful but not too quiet that we'll be bored.

Q1. Does this sound like Koh Samui or should we try somewhere else? Q2. If yes where on Koh Samui?

Our short list is Samui Buri Resort, Bandara Resort, Sala Samui Resort- but not at all sure about any! We're prepared to pay around $400 (AUS) per night (obviously less if we can get it would be nice!)

Would appreciate any help and suggestions as I have spent days going round and round in circles!

Thank you!

SF Bay Area
reviews: 4
1. Re: Confused honeymooners-to-be: Where to stay

first, congratulations on ur upcoming wedding! :) i'm probably not much help, but i'm in similar boat, although not our honeymoon, been married for 5 yrs now! but wanted to find a place that's a good mix to relax. i'm not sure about samui buri (i've read about too many hotels, i can't remember all the reviews now). i thought about sala samui, but we want ocean view, or beach front, so that's out of the question. we are now planning to stay at tongsai bay but it's not gonna fit all our criteria. however, i figured something gotta lose... anyway, back to ur question, i would say if u r looking at peaceful but with some action, u might want to consider bo phut or chaweng noi, like the very end of chanweng beach. in bo phut beach, i like the Zazen boutique hotel, but if you want a beachfront bungalow, you'll have to book early, i tried to book for something in early Feb and they are already full, since there's only 4 (or 5) of those beachfront bungalows. however, the beachfront ones are quite small in size, if you don't need an ocean view, the garden villa rooms are quite spacious. what i like about them is that they hv an "outdoor" bathroom which is very thai style and different. i want to stay away from hotels that just got a regular bathroom... to me, i don't need to go to Samui to stay in such a hotel room. i personally don't like chaweng beach since it's too busy for me... so i'm not sure what are good hotel choices there. one of the reason i'm choosing tongsai bay even though their beach is not the nicest (sand kinda pebbly) is that it's private and no motorized boat there. i don't want to wake up by jetskis in the morning and keep staying up all night because of the clubbing music next door. but chaweng beach is definitely the nicer beach on the island with a lot of actions.

good luck on ur hunt, and hope you can find THE hotel...

2. Re: Confused honeymooners-to-be: Where to stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:17 pm, September 13, 2009