We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in Ko Samui NOW?

Which Ko Samui hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Diego...
reviews: 11
Weather in Ko Samui NOW?

Is anyone over in Ko Samui right now? We are in Phuket and the weather is rainy and windy. We want to head for sunshine if there is any over there. Please respond ASAP if you know!!!! =)

Thanks.

Bangkok
1. Re: Weather in Ko Samui NOW?

I always check with this site : The Thai Meteorological Department Homepage at www.tmd.go.th/en

Warwick, United...
reviews: 2
2. Re: Weather in Ko Samui NOW?

At the moment it's mainly sunny until late afternoon and then the odd storm sets in.

Melbourne
reviews: 13
3. Re: Weather in Ko Samui NOW?

Hi Chilelivin,

What area in Phuket are you in?

we are going early november and am starting to worry!

Cheers,

San Diego...
4. Re: Weather in Ko Samui NOW?

thanks for the replies - thanks for the website too - I have been looking at weather.com and it just seems like their weather forecasts are marginal - the local website is definitely helpful (and more believeable).

Weather is clearing today.....rained buckets last night, but this morning the sun is peaking out. We would love to see Ko pi pi, but can't decide if we should try to stick around or get the heck out to ko samui.

We are in Patong today (Sheraton Laguna resort) and were down south yesterday (le Royal Meridien). Heck, we were up at the airport (north) the day before too - basically it was raining on all points on the island. I would hardly compare what is going on now with what may be going on in early november though....

San Diego...
5. Re: Weather in Ko Samui NOW?

Susquosh - thanks for your advice - we ended up heading to Ko Samui and had 4 wonderful days! Sunny Sunny Sunny! So glad we left Phuket.....Ko Samui was so much nicer!

Anyway, I am sitting in Bangkok now, but wanted to come back and say thanks for your help!

Bangkok
6. Re: Weather in Ko Samui NOW?

I always call to hotel that I'm going to - asking about weather now.

Vasteras, Sweden
reviews: 15
7. Re: Weather in Ko Samui NOW?

Are they having the Ang thong marine park tour now ? Or is the weather for suitable for it in oct ?

any help will be advisible, I am in Samui next week

Warwick, United...
reviews: 2
8. Re: Weather in Ko Samui NOW?

ChileLivin- pleased to have been of help and glad you enjoyed the island.Hope you further enjoy the many delights of Bangkok.

Atanu- The weather is fine at the moment and no problems with tours.

Vasteras, Sweden
reviews: 15
9. Re: Weather in Ko Samui NOW?

susquosh

Thanks for response, we are staying at Pavillon Hotel at Lamai beach, what is the best was to organize the tour to Ang thong on reaching there , should ask the hotel people or some other agency?

Amsterdam
10. Re: Weather in Ko Samui NOW?

Friends of mine are in Bangkok right now and want to go to an island tomorrow or on Monday. But the weather + forecasts aren't that good... is Ko Samui ok or which island would you recommend? I've checked the website http://www.tmd.go.th/en but it seems to rain everywhere..