We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

when to book Bangkok to Koh Samui flight

Which Ko Samui hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Australia
reviews: 2
when to book Bangkok to Koh Samui flight

My fiancee and i are going to Koh Samui at the start of October for our honeymoon. We have booked our flight from Brisbane to Bangkok and return with Singapore Air, but havnt booked the Bangkok to Koh Samui flight.

Are we better off waiting until closer to October or better off to book it now???

Thanks for your help

Nathan

Jervis Bay...
reviews: 98
1. Re: when to book Bangkok to Koh Samui flight

Nathan, I would book it now as Bangkok air only has limited flights to Koh Samui each day. CJ

Australia
2. Re: when to book Bangkok to Koh Samui flight

Thanks CJ i will get onto it.

Australia
3. Re: when to book Bangkok to Koh Samui flight

One more question i cant find any info on bangkok Air website about being able to change your ticket if you are late?? We fly into Bangkok Via Singapore at 10.10am and want to fly out to Koh Samui at 2.30pm. Is this enough time?? cause we are worried that if our plane is late in to Bangkok then we may miss the Koh Samui flight??

thanks for your help, much appreciated

Nathan

Yorkshire
reviews: 30
4. Re: when to book Bangkok to Koh Samui flight

I watched the prices for this flight for 6 months before booking - it never varied in price in all of this time. Also look at signing up to the flyers bonus as it costs nothing and gets you 5kgs more luggage and free use of their lounge at BKK - soft drinks and snacks etc.

Web sites such as skytrax should be able to show how often the flight is on time etc in the event that you have a tight transfer time.

brisbane
reviews: 59
5. Re: when to book Bangkok to Koh Samui flight

You have plenty of time even if your plane is late. If you arrived 1 hour prior to flight to Samui you should still be fine. I would book your flight to Samui way ahead though.

Brisbane
6. Re: when to book Bangkok to Koh Samui flight

Bangkok air is a full service airline... (the actually serve drinks and snacks in all their lounges and free internet.. as well as a meal on the plane.. even on the short flights)... I'm pretty sure they are very good about it if your flight from Singapore should be delayed.. Unlike the budget airlines.. if you miss the 40 minutes before flight-time check in.. you've done your dough.

As for "buffer-time'.. I'd suggest about 2 to 3 yours.. 1 hour is definitely not enough as you need to get through immigration and collect you bags before you re-check in.

They never have sales.. well, I've never seen one.. so as already suggested.. prices do not vary at all... Only variation is first and last flight of the day.. are a little cheaper.. for those who want to save a few Baht.

Stavanger, Norway
reviews: 118
7. Re: when to book Bangkok to Koh Samui flight

Hi

I just used Bangkok Air to Samui and I was very happy with their service. We booked it online and our tickets were also flexible and we were told that we could change them if we wanted. The check in was fast, we got access to their small boutique lounge with some snacks and drinks and we got a small meal on board the flight. I have just come back but I will make a trip report that I will post on my homepage when I'm done. Maybe this will be of some help to you :-)

Regards

Gard

Manchester, United...
reviews: 4
8. Re: when to book Bangkok to Koh Samui flight

I think they will automatically transfer you onto the next available flight as when we left Samui there had been delays all day and they transferred us onto a flight that was earlier than ours rather than waiting for our original flight even though we had 5 hours transit time.

I'm not sure if you need to go through immigration at BKK as know they did let some people do the immigration at Samui.

Don't know if your aware but Bangkok Air fly direct from Singapore if your not staying in Bangkok maybe worth looking at that option.

Brisbane
9. Re: when to book Bangkok to Koh Samui flight

Joannes27.. with regard to going through immigration...

The immigration system has just been changed!

In the past some airlines with interline agreement with Bangkok air would book you through to Samui.. and you would just transit in Bangkok... and pass immigration at Samui (or Phuket or Chiang Mai or Krabi or Hua Hin)..

this can no longer be done...

Everybody flying into Thailand.. with connection to other airport MUST pass immigration at "first port of call"...

Going home however, you may be able to book bags through to your HOME destination and thus avoid the rigmarole of re-checking in at Bangkok airport.

Australia
10. Re: when to book Bangkok to Koh Samui flight

thanks for all the replies. muchly appreciated.

Nathan