We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boat tours to Angthong marine park and others.....

Which Ko Samui hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Stockton-on-Tees...
reviews: 1
Boat tours to Angthong marine park and others.....

I am going to samui at the end of june this year and would like some advice on the boat tours availiable, inparticular those to Angthong marine park. I have found numerous websites offering tours but am at a loss to which I should choose.

I am not a very good traveller on boats but I love to snorkel and explore so I really want to make the most of our visit to Samui.

There are a few questions I have....

1. Roughly how long does it take to get to Angthong marine park?

2. Are there trips availiable where the number of passengers are limited (ie no more than 50?)

3. Are the tour providers reasonable in price and most of all reputable? Are there any provider I should avoid.

4. I know the weather is very hard to guage these days but generally would the sea be quite calm at the end of June?

5. I have heard that an island near Phuket (i think Phi Phi) is these days over-run by tourists and practically spoiled these days - is Angthong marine park the same?

Any help and advice would be greatly apprecaited!!

Reading
1. Re: Boat tours to Angthong marine park and others.....

1) We went via a speed boat tour and it took between 45mins - 1 hour

2) Most of the tours only take a limited number of people. Ours had 2 speed boats with approx 15 people on each

3) I cant remember which one we chose but they all seem the same. None really stood out as being bad. Samui is full of tour agents selling Angthong tours, just ask them which ones they recommend - they were quite honest with us.

4) The weather was calm when we went but the sea did get a bit choppy after a while. There is a slower boat that runs there instead of the speed boat but it takes a lot longer

5) Not at all. Only licenced tours are allowed to go to the marine park so you only get tour companys there. When we went canoeing we shared a beach with another tour but even then there were only about 50 people on it.

Stockton-on-Tees...
2. Re: Boat tours to Angthong marine park and others.....

I think the speed boat sounds like a good idea.

Thanks Chili1978 for your help!

Norfolk
3. Re: Boat tours to Angthong marine park and others.....

Just a few little tips:

Take some sickness tablets before you go!!!! (check that they are not the drousy ones also set your alarm to get up early to take them so they work)

Do not sit at the front of the boat!!!!

Don't get too drunk the night before!!!!!

We went snorkelling and got to the site earlier then a couple of other boats turned up, I think they took us to a touristy bit as the coral looked damaged because it had been trodden on. Just come back from Krabi (scuba diving) and went to Phi Phi diving-yes it is very busy but so much to see underwater and the place where we did stop off to snorkel was fantastic. The best part about marine park near samui is seeing the emeral green lake (kayaking was fun as well)

Melbourne
reviews: 24
4. Re: Boat tours to Angthong marine park and others.....

This is not to Angthong but a good trip nonetheless, check out the Kia Ora which does day trips out around Ko Phangan. Nice big boat, very comfortable and great staff.

www.kiaorathailand.com

Let me know if you want any other info.

Regards

Robert

Plymouth, United...
reviews: 73
5. Re: Boat tours to Angthong marine park and others.....

I back up everything that chilli1978 says as me and the hubs went on the speed boat trip that sounds family to the one they mentioned. Its more expensive to go by speedboat but worth it as it takes half the time. Wewent in November when it was the monsoon season so the sea was quite choppy i was terrified i might be sick as i get motion sickness a bit but the guide actually gave us sickness tablets when we got on board - not sure whether this was a placebo or not but i did not feel the slightest bit sea sick for the whole trip! Also, if it is a bit choppy the speed boat bounces up and down a bit - good fun for me but not for my hubby as it made he wanna pee so we had to stop in the middle of the ocean for him to go!!!! So make sure you go before you get on board!!! Going to Ang Thong was the one of the high lights of our stay you'll love it!

Galway
6. Re: Boat tours to Angthong marine park and others.....

We're planning to visit Ang Thong too.

The Rough Guide reckons about 50 euro per person for a day trip with canoeing & a little snorkelling.

Does that sound about right?

Galway
7. Re: Boat tours to Angthong marine park and others.....

We're planning to visit Ang Thong too.

The Rough Guide reckons about 50 euro per person for a day trip with canoeing & a little snorkelling.

Does that sound about right?

Reading
8. Re: Boat tours to Angthong marine park and others.....

I think we paid 1500 baht which works out at £24. I'm not sure what that is in Euros

Galway
9. Re: Boat tours to Angthong marine park and others.....

about 35 euro. Thanks Chili.

Did that include the park entrance fee and the canoeing?

Also snorkelling?

thanks a lot

Reading
10. Re: Boat tours to Angthong marine park and others.....

It didn't include the entrance fee - that was additional (cant remember how much it was but it wasnt much at all). It included all the activities, lunch and free drinks on the boat ride.

Hope that helps...