We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting to Samui from Bangkok

Which Ko Samui hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
UK
Getting to Samui from Bangkok

Whats the best way in anyones opinion to get to Samui from bangkok. I've read you can get a bus or a train, but that the train may take longer? I find this a bit odd, but then again, I have never been to thailand before.

Also, can you smoke on the long haul buses and sleeper trains?

Many thanks, heading out on 26th April! Very very excited!

Rochester Hills...
11. Re: Getting to Samui from Bangkok

Hey 'Gas...I bought the tickets within about 3-4 days of each leg of the flight. (BKK Air) at a hotel travel desk. Paid 2000 Baht each way plus tax. Even saw some fares go as low as 1500 Baht the day of the flight (to fill the plane, presumably).

When looking into booking a flight in advance (at the time of planning the trip to Thailand, "in advance" is defined as approx. 2 months), I remember a price of about 5600 Baht, round-trip, tax included. Noon flights, each direction.

Add about 1000B for taxi fares on both ends (twice) to get a total cost estimation.

Speaking of flights, I'm off to Florida again in a few hours. Need a fishing fix....becoming a monthly habit. The winter has been a long and cold one 'round here. None of that global warming bs people like to fawn about. ;-)

Am thinking about making another trip to LOS this fall. Haven't quite decided yet but it's at about 60% chance and growing. The key deciding factor is where I'll be living by then (am looking around for something new to do and in a new place...gotta get out of Detroit).

Rochester Hills...
12. Re: Getting to Samui from Bangkok

...should probably add, September isn't exactly high season. This may have something do with lower fares being available vs., for example, April.

Bristol, United...
reviews: 11
13. Re: Getting to Samui from Bangkok

I'll catch ya when I catch ya man! You keep fishing.....in all walks of life.Meet ya in the middle!

Gas

14. Re: Getting to Samui from Bangkok

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:17 pm, August 28, 2009