We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

chiang mai in 3 days

Which Chiang Mai hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
uk london
reviews: 15
chiang mai in 3 days

hi, we're going to chiang mai for 3 days in december. what the the things we must do whilst we're there?

i think elephant nature park sounds good, but that's just 1 day. anything else that we'll really regret not doing?

CHEERS!

Sydney Australia
reviews: 10
1. Re: chiang mai in 3 days

You really must go to Doi Suthep. A beautiful temple complex and a highlight of the area. It is quite an interesting trip to get there too. Try the Riverside restaurant too...popular with Thais and tourists .

Eastbourne, United...
Destination Expert
for Oxford
reviews: 16
2. Re: chiang mai in 3 days

The cooking courses are good. We did ours with Chiang Mai cookery school. About 900THB.

The Night Bazaar is brilliant and the food market there is great. You can do one, two or three day treks if that is your bag.

singapore
3. Re: chiang mai in 3 days

if you r keen on a cooking class, i highly recommend A LOT OF THAI - great teacher which excellent command of English. PLUS they will pick you up from the hotel in a ultra cool vintage car! Pls refer to alotofthai.com for more details.

Vancouver...
4. Re: chiang mai in 3 days

Dukla- Do you know if there are any good hotels near the night market?

We will also be in Chiang Mai for 3 days and will try the cooking class and a trek as well.

Thanks- Mike

New York, NY
5. Re: chiang mai in 3 days

I would recommend visiting Doi Suthep also, but best to get there early in the morning. Later in the day , it's overrun by Thai and Western tourists alike. The Sunday market is good if you're there on a weekend. Try the street food, esp. mango and sticky rice combination

Sydney Australia
reviews: 10
6. Re: chiang mai in 3 days

mgmonroe, we stayed at the Chiang Mai Plaza which was nice. The one that gets pretty good reports on here is Yang Come Village. They are both within walking distance of the night markets.

Eastbourne, United...
Destination Expert
for Oxford
7. Re: chiang mai in 3 days

Hi mgmonroe

Yes, we stayed at Central Duang Tawan which is across the street from the night market. Got a room through Expedia and paid 49GBP per night for a Dynasty room (high floor - 20th), free cocktails, use of exec. lounge, free internet. An excellent hotel with amazing views. We paid about 900THB for the cookery course and booked a trek and the cookery course through Jakawan VC travel agents. The guide (JO) really listened to what we wanted and we had a great time.

Vancouver...
8. Re: chiang mai in 3 days

Thanks to all for the replies!

I now go to Chiang Mai fully prepared and ready for the adventure.

So...has anyone been to Mae Hong Son?

I posted a question on the Mae Hong Son forum and got no replies. Looks as if that forum is not visited often.

-Mike

Bangkok, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Mae Hong Son
9. Re: chiang mai in 3 days

Mike - have a look at the Mae Hong Son forum again. Looks to me like you have three replies there..oh, and it looks like one of them was you! :-)

Just kidding...if you have any more specific questions regarding Mae Hong Son, post them there and I am sure there will be readers who are willing to help.

Vancouver...
10. Re: chiang mai in 3 days

As soon as I hit send I realized that I had answers there and had replied...I swear I was not drinking when I wrote that but rather suffering from OFD...

What I meant to say was there is not a lot of traffic on the Mae Hong Son forum and I am really curious about the region.

If you had to choose between a trek from Chiang Mai and from Mae Hong Son which would you opt for?

Thanks-Mike