Im visiting chiang mai this november for the lantern festival and would like to see/ride an elephant, pet a tiger and do a retreat/meditation even for just a day.
1. Which is the best place to see an elephant and ride it? Is it far from the city? How much is it usually?
2. About the tiger, are the tigers drugged or not? Has anyone been recently? How old are the tigers? Is it safe to get a pic of a full grown tiger?
3. Are there any temples or meditation centres in chian mai which i can do for even just a day? Is it like do your own thing or is there a program to assist you the entire time youre there?
4. Is there a muay thai training centre? Ive heard you can "train" there even for just a day? Is that true? I suppose the fights are during the night? How much is it to see a fight?
5. Is it possible to see the tiger and elephant in one day? How much would it cost to rent a taxi for the entire day?