We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

WHERE in Chiang Mai is the gov. bus to SUKHOTHAI ???

Which Chiang Mai hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chiang Mai, Thailand
WHERE in Chiang Mai is the gov. bus to SUKHOTHAI ???

It's not out at the main arcade bus terminal. Someone said "terminal 2" -- but no one I've found seems to be certain about where that is? Anyone here able to tell me where it is and possibly direct me to a bus schedule CM to Suk?

Thanks!

Florida - Alaska...
Destination Expert
for Chiang Mai, Chiang Mai Province, Outdoors / Adventure Travel
reviews: 1
1. Re: WHERE in Chiang Mai is the gov. bus to SUKHOTHAI ???

The buses to Sukhothai leave from Arcade Bus Terminal. There are two companies, 99 and Wintour.

It is possible that they might be leaving from the back terminal these days (haven't taken the bus recently since using our car is easier). If you come out of the main building on the north side, there is a second building across the street. It used to be primarily for Nakonchai, but others maybe using it as well.

Schedule (look at Chiang Mai-Phitsanulok for departure times)

http://sukhothaiwintour.com/schedule.html

Chiang Mai, Thailand
2. Re: WHERE in Chiang Mai is the gov. bus to SUKHOTHAI ???

Thanks so much for your response. I guess I'll try to get out there today to see if I can make sense of it.

If you see this btw, if you've been to Sukhothai, I'm confused by this Old S. -vs- New S. stuff I'm seeing --- when I was there many years ago it did not seem to be two towns! I'm figuring I'll head straight for the Old City -- but do you think that there is adequate budget accomodations there to warrant simply heading there without plans or reservations?

Thanks again!

Wyong, Australia
reviews: 40
3. Re: WHERE in Chiang Mai is the gov. bus to SUKHOTHAI ???

You could ring this and ask:

Arcade Bus Station : Tel: (053) 244 664

Chang Puak Bus Station : Tel: (053) 211 586

Sukhothai 1st Class 20:00 Fare baht 196 373k (5 hours)

2nd Class.........12:00, 13:30, 18:00 153bht

Normal............. 06:00, 07:00, 09:00, 11:10, 15:00 109bht

www.chiangmai-thai.com/bus_schedule.htm

Edited: 2:34 am, January 02, 2013
Florida - Alaska...
Destination Expert
for Chiang Mai, Chiang Mai Province, Outdoors / Adventure Travel
reviews: 1
4. Re: WHERE in Chiang Mai is the gov. bus to SUKHOTHAI ???

New vs Old Sukhothai. Old Sukhothai (Muang Khao) refers to the village just outside the Historical Park about 12 kilometers from Sukhothai (what some people refer to as "new").

Wintour does have buses that go direct to Old Sukhothai, they drop off across from the nightime food market.

Muang Khao has accommodations ranging from quite nice boutique resorts to basic backpacker lodges. As backpacker digs aren't my style anymore, I really have no idea how busy they might be on any given day. But judging form the numbers coming out on the local bus from Sukhothai, I am guessing the majority of folks stay in the city, not out by the park.

5. Re: WHERE in Chiang Mai is the gov. bus to SUKHOTHAI ???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:16 pm, January 06, 2014