We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reward for a passport lost in Chiang Mai

Which Chiang Mai hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Umag, Croatia
reviews: 15
Reward for a passport lost in Chiang Mai

Today we lost a dark brown small backpack having a logo of company Zhermack with all documents and personal belongings, including a passport, ipad and money. The backpack was lost in a red cab around 11 am. Please contact us on thai phone number 08 7481 5592, or in Veerachai Court, Taphae Road 19, Soi 2, room 1413. We shall give a reward to the person who returns is to us.

Adelaide, Australia
reviews: 56
1. Re: Reward for a passport lost in Chiang Mai

HI

I would suggest that you contact you countries consulate and organise a new passport

Adelaide, Australia
reviews: 56
2. Re: Reward for a passport lost in Chiang Mai

or embassy sorry

someone might find it and return it to them or to the local police

Umag, Croatia
3. Re: Reward for a passport lost in Chiang Mai

Thank you for your response. We have already reported everything to the police in Chiang Mai. The consulate does not work today and we still hope that someone might have found it, because we originally planned a trip to Laos tommorow.

Spratley
4. Re: Reward for a passport lost in Chiang Mai

You can ask your hotel to contact the taxi company. Many left/lost items were recovered via this route. Also a local radio station may be willing to broadcast the loss.

Embassies do have a duty officer during holidays, You may want to look up their emergency no.

Chiang Mai
reviews: 2
5. Re: Reward for a passport lost in Chiang Mai

you may recover the passport, but forget about the ipad and the cash.

Umag, Croatia
6. Re: Reward for a passport lost in Chiang Mai

Passport, credit cards, ID card, driver's licence, money and iPad recovered!!!

Can you imagine our happiness yesterday evening when I received a phone call from a young Thai man telling me that he had all our lost things? I have to share this amazing story with people on this forum, which was the last straw after we had informed every possible institution about the loss. It turned out that one young man had found our backpack in the red cab and was trying to find us in Chiang Mai together with some of his friends, one of whome speaks English perfectlly, since he is a student in Canada with a scholarhip from the Royal Thai Government. He actually opened my mailbox on ipad and read the mail from Trip Aadvisor with the address and my phone number. Two young Thai men and women came to our hotel to return our possessions, and were very reluctant to receive the reward we had offered. We had hoped thay we might recover the passport, and as one of the readers on this forum wrote, we had forgotten about the money and the ipad, and this was beyond all our hopes and expectations.

Sacramento
reviews: 9
7. Re: Reward for a passport lost in Chiang Mai

This is wonderful news I am so happy for you! I was thinking of your predicament all day and had doubts about the return. What thoughtful people to return it all to you. Enjoy the rest of your trip.

sydney
reviews: 4
8. Re: Reward for a passport lost in Chiang Mai

How wonderful that there are so many honest people around us.

Thank you for coming back to tell us that it was found.

Enjoy your travels.

Nunks

Chiang Mai, Thailand
reviews: 1
9. Re: Reward for a passport lost in Chiang Mai

Now that's what I like to read!

Chiang Mai
reviews: 2
10. Re: Reward for a passport lost in Chiang Mai

A very happy new year story. I'm glad to have been proven wrong.