We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

chiang mai for 4 nights, what to include?

Which Chiang Mai hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Gold Coast
chiang mai for 4 nights, what to include?

Going from Bangkok to Chang mai in january, first trip in thailand, so wondering what we should do thats worth our while in Chang Mai (keeping in mind we are going to Khao Lak after this for a week and plan on staying at the Koh Sak national park etc so dont want to overlap activities like elephants etc)

We had in mind doing the Mae Hong San and Pai lap by car? but not sure what else to do and whether this is realistic!

Sydney, Australia
reviews: 17
1. Re: chiang mai for 4 nights, what to include?

After having just returned, Doi Duthep is great but I would personally give the silk/paper/umbrella village's a wide berth. We were open to everything but this in our opinion was a waste of time. Saturday night markets were great, much better than Sunday nights. We enjoyed strolling around and finding our bearings and eating out. We didn't do any elephant days, but just preferred to soak it all in. Enjoy? It's certainly an experience!

lewes uk
reviews: 105
2. Re: chiang mai for 4 nights, what to include?

Hi,

With just 4 nights in Chiang Mai it would be a complete waste of time to try and do the Mae Hong Son loop imo, as it would leave no time at all for Chiang Mai. As mentioned Doi Sutep is a well worth doing as are the markets. Chiang Mai has an abundance for interesting temples spread over the town and it's worth exploring a few of those. I agree about giving the Bo Sang area a miss, but would suggest you did the Samoeng loop and visit a few of the attractions in the Mae Rim area, waterfalls, Orchid farms etc. Also think about a quick trip to Lamphun if you like temples as wat Phrathat Hariphunchai is splendid and you can visit Waing Kum Kan on the way back to see the original site of Chiang Mai which has some interestinmg ruins.

Cheers

Chiang Mai, Thailand
3. Re: chiang mai for 4 nights, what to include?

Doi Shuthep, Many massages, Reggae bar area and of course... ladyboys..

Chiang Mai, Thailand
4. Re: chiang mai for 4 nights, what to include?

I mean ladyboys show.

Rugby, United...
reviews: 1
5. Re: chiang mai for 4 nights, what to include?

hi am also going to chaing mai! will be there in november, are the lady boy shows any good? am not sure if will be my cup of tea but might enjoy it! (my boyfriend isnt too keen but i think will be good!)

6. Re: chiang mai for 4 nights, what to include?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:17 pm, December 14, 2013