We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cooking course in chang mai

Which Chiang Mai hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
beckenham kent
reviews: 23
cooking course in chang mai

As a family of four we would like to do a one day Thai cooking course( honest my husband really does want to do this with us three girls!) can anyone recommend anywhere. We are staying at the Royal Princess, thanks.

Gold Coast...
reviews: 20
1. Re: cooking course in chang mai

Hi, my 14 yo son and I did a full day course at A Lot of Thai. Yui and her husband Kwan were fantastic, the class sizes are small so you get that personalised attention. The dishes were delicious, tour to the market interesting and we are still using the recipe book that we received. Kwan and Yui picked us up at our guesthouse returning us both with very full bellies all for a total cost of about $30 aus each. Enjoy and make sure you don't eat before you go, visit their site on www.alotofthai.com

beckenham kent
reviews: 23
2. Re: cooking course in chang mai

thanks for the info, was there anything else in chang mai your son part liked that maybe we could do?

Gold Coast...
reviews: 20
3. Re: cooking course in chang mai

The four of us went to the Elephant Nature Park for the day trip, it was fantastic. My daughter is a big animal lover and the thought of riding in the seat on the elephant back was against her wishes. After learning what these poor elephants go through to entertain the tourists it is fantastic to see what great work Lek does to rehabilitate these great creatures. Although the video viewing reduced my daughter and myself to tears the time spent hand feeding and bathing the elephants and watching them in there near natural environment was a fantastic experience. You can view our day out on our blog at wwww.poulsensthailandadventure.bigblog.com.au

We also hired a driver and went to Doi Suthep, the snake show (which we all thoroughly enjoyed) the zoo, long neck tribe, a full day but a bargain for 1000 baht + admissions. We enjoyed going to the night markets each night and saving all the sightseeing for the days. We stayed at Trigong Guesthouses, the kids shared a room and my husband and I another. Adam and his family run this great guesthouse, extremely clean and very reasonable, we preferred to spend our money on trips rather than high end accommodation, especially when you need to book 2 rooms. Across the laneway at we had the best brekky and lunch at Prego. Venture out to Love at First Bite (my friend has my lonely planet guide at the moment for address) for the best arvo tea, in nice garden setting. Have a fab time.

New York City, New...
reviews: 14
4. Re: cooking course in chang mai

I went to the Baan Thai cooking school (cookery?). They were absolutely amazing. I highly recommend!

Melbourne
reviews: 1
5. Re: cooking course in chang mai

Baan Thai was great! Just about to post a JBR with information...

Tokyo
6. Re: cooking course in chang mai

I'd also recommend Baan Thai.

http://www.cookinthai.com/

7. Re: cooking course in chang mai

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:33 am, June 03, 2008
Warszawa
8. Re: cooking course in chang mai

I recommend Asia Scenic Thai Cooking (www.asiascenic.com) This class was wonderful! I learned so much (also Thai cooking and Thai culture) It was so fun. The teacher, her name is Gayray. She was a great teacher.You will learn a lot from her because she also works in university.

milan
9. Re: cooking course in chang mai

There are many cooking shcool in Chiang Mai but I recommend Asia Scenic . This school is a new brand but cool!. I did the class at there because of the leaflet. It was look so personal so artistic. The teacher was so great.She traveled a lot,she works in university. There are many things to talk with her.The class was wonderful.We cooked what we wanted.

Co Antrim Northern...
reviews: 73
10. Re: cooking course in chang mai

We were in Chiang Mai last week and did a cookery school lesson with Asia Scenic and it was wonderful.The website www.asiascenis.com is very informative and the lady running the school is called Gay.

We emailed to book and she confirmed very quickly and also picked us up and returned us to our hotel (Royal Princess) When we got there we were joined by an Australian couple, so that made four of us. We looked through the cookery book to choose what we would like to make.Everyone makes a curry and there are several different types.You also choose several other dishes .to cook.

Then you go to the market to look at all the different spices and vegetables that you will be using.

Back to the school and the demonstration and cooking begin. I dont like very much chilli and Gay and her sister were very amused at how little I wanted to use!!!

After cooking, the best part, you sit Thai style and enjoy a banquet!!!!!!

Gay was fantastic, is very well travelled and lectures at the local university in Art.She speaks very good english and was a perfect hostess.If we had stayed longer we would have gone back again.

You CAN NOT go wrong if you book this cookery class.