We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chiang Mai Hotel Advise

Which Chiang Mai hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
hawaii
Chiang Mai Hotel Advise

Hi,

I would appreciate any advise on a hotel in Chiang Mai around $50-$75.00/night USD. Prefrebly in a shopping / entertainment area.

Any advise would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Sue

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
reviews: 3
1. Re: Chiang Mai Hotel Advise

If you are looking for a nice hotel that is covenient then Rydges would be probably what you might be interested in. If you want a more Thai style place Tamarind Village is nice but if you want a 3 dstar efficient main hotel thenRydges would suit you, there are plenty cheaper like the Suriwongse, Rydges is about USD 40 a night. Try Beachsiam and you can find lots of choices.

NY
reviews: 71
2. Re: Chiang Mai Hotel Advise

I have stayed many times at the Chiang Mai Plaza and Royal Princess, you should be able to fit your rate in at the Plaza, not sure about Princess, but probably. Princess is in heart of night market area, just step outside the lobby into the crowds. Plaza is a few blocks away, but still convenient and a bit quieter. Both had good breakfast usually included in room rate, but you would have to confirm that. Of course there are many others, these are just my recent experiences that I can vouch for. If you are a golfer there are three or four reasonbly good and relatively inexpensive courses nearby, but if not there is plenty else to do as well, as you know. You didn't ask, but the elephant trip and orchid/butterfly farm are good (I have done the elephant trip three times and survived all, if you go you will see what I mean, best to avoid after rain and mud slides just for nerves, elephants have astounding footing on hill sides and slopes), tribal village thing is touristy, but OK once. Somewhere in there you might end up at a snake show, don't know why they put that in the packages, just to advise in case you can opt out.

NY
reviews: 71
3. Re: Chiang Mai Hotel Advise

By the way, if you do play golf in Chiang Mai, watch out for snakes. they will tell you there are none, Ha! My favorite places to visit are your place Hawaii, New Zealand and Ireland, no snakes.

hawaii
4. Re: Chiang Mai Hotel Advise

Thanks for the info. :)

TN USA
reviews: 12
5. Re: Chiang Mai Hotel Advise

We stayed at the Tamarind Village a couple of weeks ago. We got it for about $40 a night. It's a real quiet place in the old city, but you can get around the river and inner city (like the markets) for about 40 baht a ride on a tuk-tuk. There are places to eat and a few bars down just a couple of blocks by the Tha Pae gate, but I don't know about the quality cause we never went down there.

L