We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

YIKES... our trip is approaching and we are not prepared.

Which Chiang Mai hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
British Columbia
reviews: 9
YIKES... our trip is approaching and we are not prepared.

Hi everyone.. our trip is rapidly approaching and all we have booked is our airfare to Bangkok and back again to Canada... so those who have been down this road several times.. maybe you can point me in the right direction.

We are two adults and two teens (16 /18) so we want a family friendly place with tons to do. We need accommodations (and airfare) for Chiang Mai, Phuket (Pantong Beach area) and Phi Phi. We would love to get great deals but are willing to pay up to 150/US night for each room if we have to.. (60-75 would be much better though). This looks like it is turning out to be a super expensive trip!

We have friends who told us Chiang Mai is a must see and said it was a resonably priced excursion. On here Yaang Come Village is highly recommended butthe prices seem so high as they end up being about 200+ / night and UP for the places that look good. With the kids it will end up costing us 400/night. Although the ladies I spoke with were very friendly, with the language differences & accents, it very challenging. Everyone wanted us to book online and the prices vary so much.

I read about all these wonderful places that are inexpensive... but when trying to book them.. I can't find any :(

Ideally we would like two single/twin beds for the kids and a double/queen/king bed for us... one room or two close together.

I havent even gotten to the domestic flights yet.. we arrive March 14 - 28 and plan on seeing Chiang Mai first then Phuket, then Phi Phi... I thought we could do this on our own.. maybe we should just go through our local travel agent? Do flights sell out this far in advance too?

I didnt realize we were coming at such a busy time... feeling a little stressed... I wish I spoke Thai!

Can anyone help us figure this out?

Thanks!

scotland
reviews: 1
21. Re: YIKES... our trip is approaching and we are not prepared.

Contact Chiangmaithaihouse. This is a guesthouse with a pool just off Thae Pae Road about 100 yards from Thae Pae Gate (entrance to old town), and about a 10 min walk to night market.

Rooms are basic double bed or twin beds in each room, tiled shower and toilet area, tv in room, the place is spotless and the pool is great for a dip after being out and about.

They have a site you can look at and can contact them by e-mail. Their rates are very reasonable for and they will meet you at the airport, etc.

Friendly place with small open air restaurant area in front and the reception and tour desk are really helpful. I stayed there over Christmas period and am going back again in April.

22. Re: YIKES... our trip is approaching and we are not prepared.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:19 pm, September 19, 2009