We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Budget hotel near night market

Which Chiang Mai hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Baton Rouge...
reviews: 1
Budget hotel near night market

I will be traveling solo and was looking for relatively budget accomodations near the night market. Budget 30-45 dollar range. Is being near the Night market a good location for a single woman traveler? Some hotels I am looking at: Central Duangtawan, Lanna Mantra, Suriwongse. Do these include breakfast buffet?

thanks!

Adelaide, Australia
reviews: 7
1. Re: Budget hotel near night market

You should check out CM Blue House. It is a total budget place but the best value for money. A couple of American guys run it and they are SO nice. It is located in a gorgeous little Soi with cheap internet, cheap massage and lots of cheap restaurants within a 5 min walk. Its a 50 baht tuktuk to the Night Markets....

www.cmbluehouse.com

We stayed there in Dec and cannot highly recommend it enough!!!

Reet xx

Jervis Bay...
reviews: 106
2. Re: Budget hotel near night market

Hi mantaraye, The Suriwongse is right in the middle of the night markets. Its an old hotel,breakfast was included when we stayed there,which was very ordinary lucky for us we don't eat much at breakfast so toast & the travel vegemite did us. I think the Central Duangtawan was behind the Suriwongse. Being a single female traveller & wanting to be near the night markets I think the two I've mentioned are pretty safe bet. There are lots of little restaurants around the night market area the Den Duang which is next to the Click& eat internet cafe was our favourite. It is right across the street from the starbucks cafe & down from McDonalds.. CJ

Chiang Mai
3. Re: Budget hotel near night market

Hey mantaraye

- Central Duangtawan, :

The hotel is in a great location, just across the road from the night markets. There are plenty of places to eat and drink within short walking distance.

The free breakfast had a great selection, but was extremely busy. My table was cleared when I walked away for a few seconds to refill my glass of juice :)

I was located on a middle-level floor, and found the lifts to be very slow. I found that taking the stairs down 10 flights was quicker.

Overall, the hotel was very clean, and good value for money.

Check out : hotels2thailand.com/chiang-mai-hotels/Duangt…

-Suriwongse hotel

Definitely recommend to people who are looking for a hotel with a good location, fairly comfortable and not too expensive. ^_^

but then you can't expect to much from reasonable hotel.

Anyway this hotel got nice review on this site.

hotels2thailand.com/chiang-mai-hotels/Suriwo…

Cheers

bangkok
4. Re: Budget hotel near night market

Central Duangtawan,I really like this place!! can walk to Night Bazaar about 10 min,when I am next Chiang Mai - am only going to stay there.

5. Re: Budget hotel near night market

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:30 am, September 02, 2009