We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

As*hole behavior by unreasonable passenger at BKK airport

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Asia
As*hole behavior by unreasonable passenger at BKK airport

Today 27 Dec 06, I was traveling back to my home country and arrived at the BKK airport about 8.40 AM to check in for departure on TG413.

There was a Thai lady staff guiding passengers at the area HJ in airport terminal.

A Chinese man (I think from Hong Kong but I may be wrong) was hassling her in English, threatening her and asking for her name so that he can complain about her.

I think he wanted to jump the long queue and insisted to do so. If I heard correctly, he said his children were hungry ( and therefore they should jump queue in front of all the hundreds of other passengers in the queue.)

The Thai lady refused.

She did the right thing.

There were many other passengers with little kids and some even babies in the queue. Well, parents can prepare something snacks for their kids and bring it along in case they get hungry during any part of their travels.

So this is not something like an emergency or unforseeable event.

Those hundreds of other passengers with little kids did not insist on jumping the queue.

Be clear that we are not talking about a medical emergency here.

I do not know which flight he was on.

I only know about this cause I wanted to ask the lady some directions on which queue to join.

In my opinion, the guy was behaving like an AS*HOLE.

I am writing this in case he really did complain, so that the lady's career/job is not destroyed by an unreasonable passenger.

And this report is not racially motivated.

I am Asian too.

Bangkok
1. Re: As*hole behavior by unreasonable passenger at BKK airport

wow, what was up his backside..

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Boston
reviews: 60
2. Re: As*hole behavior by unreasonable passenger at BKK airport

You always will find at least one on every flight and about 5 in the airport.

Singapore, Singapore
reviews: 30
3. Re: As*hole behavior by unreasonable passenger at BKK airport

Spendour, thank you for writing and highlighting such unacceptable and trashy behaviour.

I'm in the airline industry myself and I must say such behaviour is not uncommon especially in places as busy as Bangkok airport.

I only wish more people can be as introspective ...

Bristol, United...
reviews: 9
4. Re: As*hole behavior by unreasonable passenger at BKK airport

I'd love a quiet hours chat with this man! Soon have that negativity out of his system I reckon. Its not as ingrained as people may think. And yes, an ars##le - but he just needs therapy!

BKK
reviews: 1
5. Re: As*hole behavior by unreasonable passenger at BKK airport

The odds are 99 to 1 that he is definitely a mainlander (PRC).

6. Re: As*hole behavior by unreasonable passenger at BKK airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 pm, August 21, 2009