We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone stayed in Hotel Bangkok Inn on Sukhumvit Road, Soi 11

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London
reviews: 3
Anyone stayed in Hotel Bangkok Inn on Sukhumvit Road, Soi 11

I've managed to visit Bangkok in 1987 and 1994, each time staying at the Hotel Bangkok Inn - the last after abandoning the hoardes on the Koh San Road.

The Hotel Bangkok Inn is interesting place.

After returning from the beaches my friend and I tried staying there only to find it was closed due to a receptionist being shot - we ended up staying next door which turned out to be a brothel!

Now I'm returning, this time with my wife.

I'm hearing stories that the Sukhumvit area has gotten worse - or better, depending on your point of view - regarding 'bars' etc.

Has anyone stayed in this area recently, at the Hotel Bangkok Inn even?

If so, any info on what the area is like now would be appreciated as well as any recommedations regarding hotels etc, I'm looking to pay no more than 1000 baht.

My wife is open minded but the thought of a million and one lady-boys doing there thing does not impress her!!

Cheers

Mokhotlong, Lesotho
1. Re: Anyone stayed in Hotel Bangkok Inn on Sukhumvit Road, Soi 11

I don't know if we mean the same BKK Inn. There is one on Sukhumvit Soi 11/1. this place has a small massage attached. the massage side is above board. Although I have never seen any of the rooms I would not choose to stay in the hotel. I find it very interesting to see the people (generally men and thai ladies) coming and going while I get my feet pampered.

I have not yet seen a caucasian couple in this place.

From what I know the price may no longer be below or 1000 bht only.

2. Re: Anyone stayed in Hotel Bangkok Inn on Sukhumvit Road, Soi 11

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:19 am, August 20, 2009