We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotel reservation

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
istanbul
hotel reservation

trvelling to bangkok mid august,will hotel rates be cheaper if i book by the end of july, is it off season, the published rates still seem high.when are the best rates usually offered

8 replies to this topic
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
reviews: 69
1. Re: hotel reservation

Bangkok is popular all year. The rates that are showing now should reflect the seasonal rate but you will always find accommodation. Unless you want a specific hotel it's more likely rates will fall than go up.

Singapore
reviews: 44
2. Re: hotel reservation

Keep lookout on the specific hotels u intended to stay

During the period on the hotels own website and compare those like Agoda, ,Asiarooms, Asiatravel and etc.Sometimes the hotel direct booking might be cheaper which I got mine in June.

Now is a low season period in Thailand especially Bkk

where tourists arrival is down and shopping and sight seeing is more relax pace

Edited: 8:41 pm, June 23, 2014
Sydney
reviews: 21
3. Re: hotel reservation

Hotel room rates have risen in the last week or so..wether this is a coincidence or not given the army has lifted curfew restrictions only Thai's know but many businesses lost a lot of revenue due to this so no one can blame them for trying to recoup some losses!Wouldn't stress out about booking this early as other post states compare the different web booking sites against each other..but do factor in the 17% taxes some hotels will add on at the end of their own booking sites!

Pawtucket, RI
4. Re: hotel reservation

What price range are you looking for? In August you can find a hotel room in Bangkok that has private toilet, TV, air conditioning starting just under 1000 baht. Of course, the more you pay per night for a room the prettier the place looks and the more toys you get to play with.

If you arrive real late at night perhaps having a hotel to head for makes sense. Some tourists in the off season just head for an area where there are many hotels close together and book in person or at least reserve a room by telephone when they arrive at the airport.

No matter what you do in August you shouldn't have a problem finding a hotel with vacancies.

You can ask for some hotel suggestions too but include your price range and where in Bangkok you want to stay.

Singapore
reviews: 44
5. Re: hotel reservation

@#3

Even booking site like Agoda & Hotel2thailand add 17%

at the end before making payment online.

Directrooms booking site do not add 17% as I' ve

Used before.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
6. Re: hotel reservation

Agoda does include taxes etc on Australia site but nowhere else. Booking.com which is under the same ownership shows same hotels with all taxes included.

Abu dhabi
7. Re: hotel reservation

Hi can anyone please tell me if its better yo book the hotel before goin to bangkok or walk in is cheaper . I'm goin on july 3rd with my wife. I plan to stay in holiday inn express at siam.

Thanking you,

Best regards,

Jaaved

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
8. Re: hotel reservation

Holiday Inn offers a "Best Price Guarantee" that they will beat any other site for their hotels on a like for like basis. Prices are changed frequently but I don't see them beating their own current website price at the front desk.

Reply to: hotel reservation
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted