We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best time to book flights

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Villalonga, Spain
Best time to book flights

Does anyone know if there is a "best" time to book flights (to get best price) from UK to Bangkok for February 07. I have looked at various airlines - Eva, Etihad and Emirates seem to be best prices - but do they get cheaper??

Thanks

Brisbane
1. Re: Best time to book flights

Not sure about the airlines that you mention nor about the UK market. In Australia often around mid september when high season is over, the airlines will sharpen the pencil. Espicially if they are low on bookings, which I'm sure will be the case this year.

uk
2. Re: Best time to book flights

Hi jennyann

Kuoni currently have some decent offers (packages) flying with Etihad, we have booked through them for Feb 07 too.

PS I would have put the whole package together myself but for the hotels we had selected and internal flights etc I could not beat their offer.

Hope this helps, Ken.

Phuket
3. Re: Best time to book flights

Probably best to book now. I always have to book last minute and pay between £450 - £550 for thai or emirates for Jan, Jun, Aug but have to play around with dates.

Villalonga, Spain
4. Re: Best time to book flights

Thank you for your replies.

Ken - I have had a quick look at Kuoni webite - does seem to have good prices. thanks, I will investigate further.

We want to do Bangkok, Chiang Mai and Hua Hin so not sure if package would cover all those.

Prices for flights so far are coming up around £480 +. for travel in the last two weeks of February.

uk
5. Re: Best time to book flights

Jen, ring Daniel Shovelar at Kuoni tell him that I referred you and ask him if the Etihad flights and Bankgok hotel offers are still on for Feb.

His direct line is 01306 744072, I am sure that he could fit your itinerary together,

As a backstop give another Company exactly the same itinerary and compare the difference (if any)

If nothing else it will fuel your mind with more thoughts and ideas.

Let us know how you do, good luck, Ken.

Villalonga, Spain
6. Re: Best time to book flights

Ken

I spoke to the guy at Kuoni and he gave me a quote of £2250 for flights, 4 nights Bangkok, 3 nights Chaing Mai and 5 nights Hua Hin, hotels at room only, internal flights and transfers (for two of us).

He was very helpful and remembered you. Unfortunately they only deal with certain hotels and also couldn't include the overnight train to Chiang Mai, so the quote was flying both ways.

I have now booked the same flights for £896 through myvacations.co.uk and have priced up hotels (with breakfast) and overnight sleeper train, internal flights and transfers at £810 - total of £1706.

uk
7. Re: Best time to book flights

Jen

Thats brilliant, a saving of £500, well worth doing eh, but no matter how I tried I couldn't get our trip down by that much, maybe because we are going in more or less Thai peak season (Feb) the flights alone were £550 each (Man-Abu Dhabi-Bangkok) with Etihad.

To beat Kuoni's quotation I had to do everything else.... our hand picked choice of 4* hotels with b'fast (13 nights) 3 internal flights for £500, couldn't do it as some of the hotels are £80/90 per night, Cape Panwa a little more I believe, so in the end went for the package as I could not beat it, which annoyed me lol, as I usually book all my hols independantly.

Never heard of myvacations, I will now go and see how much my flights are with them and probably p*** myself off lol

Ken.

Villalonga, Spain
8. Re: Best time to book flights

I was rather pleased with the saving. We are flying on 16th February from Manchester - I had been watching the price of flights and they came down quite a bit at the weekend so I booked them before they went back up!! Just hoping they dont reduce much more ( I wont be able to resist checking). It is so difficult to know when is the right time to book.

uk
9. Re: Best time to book flights

Which airline are you using Jen ?

Every one that I visited couldn't offer flights with Etihad, only Kuoni had these at this time and obviously at a reduced rate too considering that I was unable to beat their package !!

We are also flying from Manchester on Feb 2nd 07

uk
10. Re: Best time to book flights

Which airline are you using Jen ?

Every one that I visited couldn't offer flights with Etihad, only Kuoni had these at this time and obviously at a reduced rate too considering that I was unable to beat their package !!

We are also flying from Manchester on Feb 2nd 07