We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

No Scam/hassle pubs and clubs in Bangkok and Pattaya?

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 10
No Scam/hassle pubs and clubs in Bangkok and Pattaya?

I will be taking my third trip to Thailand in Feb 2014 and wanted to know if anyone has good tips for "hassle free" bar, clubs things to do. I can no longer grit my teeth and bare the hundreds of scammers that try their annoying tricks. Something that is not well known for ladyboys or working girls preferably. I really liked the Bed-supper club in Bangkok, and Seduction nightclub in Patong had a "No Katoey / hassle" policy which was great. I have yet to find a place in Pattaya though. My partner and I were not even able to order one drink at places without having 5-6 ladies trying to get us to buy them drinks, play connect 4, or snooker. Any ideas would be appreciated.

20 replies to this topic
Bangkok, Thailand
reviews: 1
1. Re: No Scam/hassle pubs and clubs in Bangkok and Pattaya?

Maybe Start at cheap charlies -there are many decent places around that Soi-Alchemy,Mulligans,Apoteka,

London
Destination Expert
for Thailand
reviews: 108
2. Re: No Scam/hassle pubs and clubs in Bangkok and Pattaya?

tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g293916-…

A good sports bar that serves good food and NO bargirls!

Sharm El Sheikh...
reviews: 2
3. Re: No Scam/hassle pubs and clubs in Bangkok and Pattaya?

Put on your thick skin suit, learn some basic Thai & instead of playing the victim adapt to your chosen environment & its animals, become a hunter.

Bangkok, Thailand
reviews: 1
4. Re: No Scam/hassle pubs and clubs in Bangkok and Pattaya?

And on Soi 8-Soi 8,Monsoon and Det 5 can be fun.

Pattaya, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Pattaya, Ho Chi Minh City
reviews: 51
5. Re: No Scam/hassle pubs and clubs in Bangkok and Pattaya?

Insominia, Mixx, Tony's, Lucifers, - wont be hassled in any of these spots. Sounds like you are hanging out in beer bars?

Ogden, Utah
reviews: 18
6. Re: No Scam/hassle pubs and clubs in Bangkok and Pattaya?

Bangkok - Route 66 Night Club on Royal City Avenue (RCA). Probably the top club in the city for music. Very big. But you need to dress nice, no shorts, sandles, t shirts. Great place, expensive. You wont be hit up by bar girls, place is more young people, from middle class and upper class. Usually packed late.

RCA area and the Ratchada area has many great large dance/music clubs like Route 66, arguably the best. Mostly locals but some tourists and expats do go to these clubs. They are fun for a night out. Buy a bottle of booze on way in (they sell) and you get mixers with them. Great fun.

Read about here:

http://www.bangkok.com/nightlife/

Bangkok, Thailand
reviews: 29
7. Re: No Scam/hassle pubs and clubs in Bangkok and Pattaya?

The area around Sukhumvit road is taken into consideration the trendiest, vibrant and lively place to enjoy the nights in Bangkok, luxury condominiums showroom of designers, five-star hotel and spa, stylish restaurants, lounges and clubs, many concentrated in soi 11 Q-bar www.qbarbangkok.com , Twisted Republic, Club Levels (very popular lately) on the sixth floor of the A-Loft Hotel www.levelsclub.com, Above Eleven roof bar at the Fraser Suites Sukhumvit www.aboveeleven.com , Nest, Oskar pub (where start the evening), and after hours at Bash www.bashbangkok.com/en/ in soi 7 unpretentious and affordable prices for all the beat bar with live band www.bangkok-beat. com , in Ekkamai (Sukhumvit Soi 63), Czech trendy club www.czechtrendyclub.com , Escobar, Safe House, Sonic, and Absolut

P.S. the bed supper club closed its doors

Edited: 7:07 am, January 20, 2014
Melbourne, Australia
8. Re: No Scam/hassle pubs and clubs in Bangkok and Pattaya?

I speak, and understand basic Thai. I have an extremely short temper and I do not what to offend locals with it if I "become the hunter". Also, I don't want to spend this time sitting like the hulk about to explode.

Melbourne, Australia
9. Re: No Scam/hassle pubs and clubs in Bangkok and Pattaya?

Wow, some really awesome ideas. Thanks everyone. It really is helpful. :)

Melbourne, Australia
10. Re: No Scam/hassle pubs and clubs in Bangkok and Pattaya?

Quite possibly :) I have been to some excellent places too. I love Thailand. I could live in Bangkok.

Reply to: No Scam/hassle pubs and clubs in Bangkok and Pattaya?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted