We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

still unclear

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto
reviews: 3
still unclear

I am still confused..

I looked at the Novotel and it says it is near Suvarnabhumi Airport, which I thought was the new (unopened) one.

Should I be looking for a hotel near Don Muang Airport if I am there in mid-august??

Thanks,

Montreal, QC
reviews: 12
1. Re: still unclear

Yes, in mid-August you will still be flying in/out of Don Muang Airport.

Bristol, United...
reviews: 6
2. Re: still unclear

we await with interest the opening of the new airport. Scheduled for sept 28, but my money is on later than that.

BKK
3. Re: still unclear

If it's mid August, you absolutely have to find a hotel near Don Muang Airport like :

- the Amari Airport just across an air-con. flyover for reaching there, prices not cheap

- Quality Suites, 3* hotel only 10-15 minutes from the airport

- Rama Gardens, a resort hotel

- Sofitel Central, connected to Central departmentstore & plaza, staying here may have more things to do: shopping, dining (many restaurants)

- Miracle Grand Convention, a new one

Toronto
reviews: 3
4. Re: still unclear

Thanks to everyone who responded. I understand now!

Thanks especially to Tangel,

This list is very helpful!!!

Phuket
5. Re: still unclear

The Central Plaza Sofitel is quite nice - and the shopping mall it is next to is great for movies and restaurants.

Photos and info at:

r24.org/bangkokadvisor.com/…

6. Re: still unclear

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:16 am, August 15, 2009