We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Silly question???

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Auckland, NZ
reviews: 1
Silly question???

I'm leaving for BKK in exactly one week (yay!!). I've never been to a country like Thailand before and I know that it's going to be very hot day and night but was wondering if there would be any instances that I may need a jumper??

I feel the cold very easily and it's freezing in NZ at the moment so can't even think of not taking one! Or should I just leave more room in my suitcase for all the shopping I plan on doing??!!

Thankyou in advance :)

Darni

Auckland, NZ
11. Re: Silly question???

Haha well at least you're in the double digits!! Time will fly.. It has for me! Definitely won't forget to do a large post when we're back, will let you know how everything went.. I even bought a travel journal yesterday to make sure I wouldn't forget anything!! :)

Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 109
12. Re: Silly question???

that's a great idea-

I cut and paste everything and anything of interest on all the different travel forums and then put them into a folder to take with me for reference - I've done that with every trip and it works brilliantly. I also take a photo copy of our passports and flight details and hotel bookings etc. recommendations of restaurants, good shopping spots everything!

have fun- and will look forward to your report

p.s. I know you mentioned how freezing NZ is at the moment- I think this is the coldest I've ever felt in Melbourne- absolutely freezing

Bangkok
13. Re: Silly question???

Dont forget to bring ur umbrella or rain coat along as it rains almost every day here.

Have a nice time.

Melbourne, Australia
14. Re: Silly question???

Hi Danielle, another tip for recording your trip activities: If you have a digital-camera that date & time stamps your pic’s make sure you set it for the local time. That way when you download/save/edit your pic’s they can provide another record/prompt of what you did and when you did it :-) Try to take at least one pic wherever you go (of interest) … I find this works well because you won’t always have time to write things down and if you miss two days or more it is sometimes difficult to remember exactly what you did or where you went… especially if you indulge in 1 cocktail too many! ;-)

Bon voyage and best wishes, Wally_B :-)

bham UK
reviews: 12
15. Re: Silly question???

take a top with sleaves for the resturants and hotels and the aircon can be cooler, and for flight home, but walking around day and night - no you wont need a jumper. i took a small thin top in my bag each day so i needed to slip something on i could.

Auckland, NZ
16. Re: Silly question???

Hiya Maz1 yea have started compiling all the info on where to go and not to go! This site has been so helpful, don't know what we would've done without it! :)

Hi again Wally_b, I never thought of doing that with my camera.. very good advice thanks! I've had my digital for a year and a half now and pretty much only know how to take pics so am taking the manual on the plane! :)

So today I must go umbrella and light sweater shopping!

17. Re: Silly question???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:20 pm, August 14, 2009