We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tour with Tong

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Tour with Tong

I am interested in what their prices are. From what I see on their website, it sounds a bit pricey if there are only 2 people so I am interested in your experiences. Are the prices on the website final or negotiable like most things I read about in Thailand?

Also, how much before do you think I should book a tour?

I am interested in a day trip to the floating market and the elephant bath.

Saudi Arabia
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
reviews: 21
1. Re: Tour with Tong

Hi,

There are tour/travel companies that take in the Damneon Floating market, Elephant bathing and Kanchanaburi for about 1,500 baht. These can be booked once you arrive in Bangkok.

Adelaide, Australia
reviews: 56
2. Re: Tour with Tong

HI there,

we booked a tour with Tong to tiger island before we got there and were so impressed with the service and friendliness of our guide that we booked another tour and airport transfers.

she can be hard to get in contact with at times as she runs the whole booking side of the business by herself but she is lovely and eager to help.

the is pricey but you do get a private car and personal tour guide, i think this way you get more out of the tour a you can ask questions or change where you want to go etc

Regards

Sam

http://www.travellingking.com/

Gold Coast
reviews: 33
3. Re: Tour with Tong

You can get the same tour with others for a lot less but it depends what you prefer. As mentioned you get a personal guide instead of a mini bus/bus with lots of people and you decide how long you want to stay at the various places.

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
reviews: 273
4. Re: Tour with Tong

I used Nok last month for my day tours to Grand palace, nearby wats, floating market, Crocodile and elephant shows and rose garden. Found her to be excellent, friendly and nice.

Italy
Destination Expert
for Livigno, Lombardy
reviews: 139
5. Re: Tour with Tong

There's a list of reputable guides here on the right in the FAQ "Finding a tour guide" I would send them all an e-mail asking for quotes then decide which one to go with, weighing up price, tours etc

6. Re: Tour with Tong

I'll take a look at the FAQ then, thanks. Any advice about how early before the trip to contact any of them?

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
reviews: 273
7. Re: Tour with Tong

They will be having frequent tours but better you organize them as soon as you go there as most of the time it will be a small group tour.

London, United...
reviews: 84
8. Re: Tour with Tong

Good guides like Tong you need to book well in advance but if not fussy about guide you can book tours when you arrive in Thailand.

Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 9
9. Re: Tour with Tong

I agree that tours can be pricey but have to say it was worth every penny plus a very large tip.

Our tiger temple tour was amazing and our guide knew the manager which was great as our kids got to do things not normally allowed.

The old saying- it is not what you know but who, certainly rang true in this case.

You will probably only do your choice of tour once so worth paying a little extra for a great experience and fond memories

Enjoy your trip

10. Re: Tour with Tong

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, September 09, 2014