We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to buy in BKK, 18 and 24 k gold plated jewelry?

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
cebu city
reviews: 6
Where to buy in BKK, 18 and 24 k gold plated jewelry?

My wife has bought 18k and 24k gold plated jewelry on line at aliexpress.com

She has had no problem with the quality and most are under $20.00. Wanted to know if anyone can recommend stores, stalls or areas that sell them in BKK. Thanks

Bangkok
1. Re: Where to buy in BKK, 18 and 24 k gold plated jewelry?

I don't think that kind of jewellery is very popular in Thailand. I would guess that Sampeng Lane in Chinatown would be a good place to start looking but I only remember seeing very cheap costume jewellery.

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
reviews: 104
2. Re: Where to buy in BKK, 18 and 24 k gold plated jewelry?

I've never seen this type of jewellery in Bangkok either but perhaps this sort of thing would be available in various markets, although I've never noticed it there either. If your wife has found such items on line and feels that the quality is quite good, then it might be best to continue to shop through this medium as if she did come across some in BKK then the quality would be unknown.

cebu city
reviews: 6
3. Re: Where to buy in BKK, 18 and 24 k gold plated jewelry?

Thanks. I saw that central world on the second floor has a store that specializes in cubic Z and gold plated jewelry. They also make to order and sell online. Will check them out.

Edited: 12:52 am, June 23, 2013
NomadicForever
reviews: 16
4. Re: Where to buy in BKK, 18 and 24 k gold plated jewelry?

CZ in jewelry is available in many stores/dept. stores. High carat gold plating I dont know. Gold in Thailand usually is not stamped so you wont know what you buy. I would guess 24 carat plating is not too durable.

London
Destination Expert
for Thailand
reviews: 128
5. Re: Where to buy in BKK, 18 and 24 k gold plated jewelry?

bangkok-companies.com/categories/thai_compan…

Found this link whilst looking for something else the other day, might be of some help to you.

6. Re: Where to buy in BKK, 18 and 24 k gold plated jewelry?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, June 25, 2014