We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bangkok to Koh Samui and Laos

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Fort Saskatchewan...
reviews: 142
Bangkok to Koh Samui and Laos

Hi..i am in the beginning stages of planning a trip for January 2014 in which we will start in BKK for a few nights and want to make our way to Koh Samui for a week and then to Laos for about a week...What are the best flight options cost wise that we will start in BKK and end up in BKK? Seems the flights to Laos are quite expensive..any ideas? :) Thank you. We will probably start in Luang Prabang and end up in Vientiane or vice versa!

Tracy

Helsinki, Finland
reviews: 53
1. Re: Bangkok to Koh Samui and Laos

Sadly, both of these routes are indeed expensive. It is eitrher bite the bullet and pay or be more creative with flight and ferry to Samui and flight and bus to Laos.

Bangkok, Thailand
2. Re: Bangkok to Koh Samui and Laos

Cheapest way to fly to Laos is to fly from Bangkok to Udon Thani (nok air / air asia) and then get the international bus Udon Thani - Vientiane

Also, can fly Bangkok to Surat Thani, the port for boats to Ko Samui - see Thai Air/Nok Air/Air Asia websites.

The direct BKK-Ko Samui flight on Bangkok Airways is expensive (as they built the airport there...)

East London, South...
reviews: 9
3. Re: Bangkok to Koh Samui and Laos

Over-night sleeper train sounds like fun. I am doing that in July...

Gosport, United...
4. Re: Bangkok to Koh Samui and Laos

If you are going to Laos then Luang Prabang (LP) should be included.

But in your time-frame I think the only doable way is to fly.

If you had more time I think the most enjoyable route is to take the overnight sleeper train from Bangkok...

www.seat61.com/Thailand.htm#.UYt746KTib8

... and then the well-trodden path Vientiane to Vang Vieng (V V) by bus and finally to LP by bus. The bus ride between V V and LP goes through some outstanging countryside.

Then fly out of LP or take the slow boat to Huay Xai and back into Thailand.

Edited: 6:36 am, May 09, 2013
Fort Saskatchewan...
reviews: 142
5. Re: Bangkok to Koh Samui and Laos

Ya I think with the short time we have we will fly but it would be great to see the countryside!! Has anyone ever tried the Bangkok Air Discovery pass? Thanks for all the suggestions I am researching them! 😀

6. Re: Bangkok to Koh Samui and Laos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, May 12, 2014